Chapter 2

"Get up you piece of trash the mails coming" someone screeched. Uhhhh I think as I shoot up from my bed it squeaking and creaking from each movement I make I had the same dream again I can never put the pieces together I only ever remember the sparkling forest green eyes with bits of emerald green in them that I wish I could get lost in. I trudging  get up from my bed, quickly tying my hair up in my two French braids and putting the two braids in a low bun at the base of my neck as I looked through the only mirror in my small room which was dusty and uncleaned and had some sort of a gray film over top of it that no matter how many times I cleaned it could never seem to come off.

       This dream, i've had it since I moved in with my uncle 8 years ago when my parents died I always wondered what it meant. I quickly pull on my plaid beige skirt and my light brown button up shirt that I rolled up the sleeves up to my elbows with a deep collar and tucked into my skirt. I then grabbed my Navy blue blazer and struggled as I put on my black Doc martens and hurriedly grabbed and fumbled with my black satchel and I hastily slammed my attic door shut as I hurried down the stairs almost tripping on myself. My uncle decided that even though he has multiple guestrooms I would sleep in the attic he also never let me clean up there so it's quite dusty and unclean The only thing I've ever tried to clean and failed to clean was the mirror.

        I quickly finish up my morning routine and run downstairs hoping that I got down early enough that my uncle wouldn't yell at me for in his words not mine being " too lazy and ungrateful". As I make my way into our small cluttered kitchen and make my uncle breakfast I quickly do some of the morning chores including getting the mail I find myself spacing off.

        I really wish I knew who had those green eyes they're so Beautiful and mysterious I could look at them forever they hold this sort of power and undefined greatness I feel I must've seen them in my past though I don't remember my childhood from when I was 9 and younger. When I was 9 me and my parents got into an terrible accident that ended in my parents death and I injured my head so I have no memories from that period of time and I've had a headache ever since , my uncle gets the special pills to help with my headache I take them in the morning with my breakfast.Now realizing that I have been washing the same plate for almost a minute in  I quickly put it away and give my uncle breakfast and quickly make myself a few scrambled eggs and toast taking my pill with my breakfast. " uncle do you need me to pick anything up from the market" I hear myself call to my uncle before I leave the house

         " yes pick up another loaf of bread there's some money on the table beside the door" he yells at me. " OK Uncle see you when I get back from work" I called as I grab the money and put it in my small  Black purse.

        The minute I step outside I hear the birds faintly chirping  off in the distance The smell of the seaside wafting from the west, I love where we live me and my uncle live in a small cottage at the edge of town near the cliff where the seaside is which is quite the opposite of the other side of town where there lies a big forest. Me and my uncle live in the earth kingdom right on the edge it's quite a small town very few people live here and work here. I work at the only library part time and I also work for my uncle, my uncle does some trading with other people in different cities so he'll go off every so often to other cities in the kingdom and will have lots of people come to our cottage I think he's having someone over tonight so I'll probably have way more chores than usual once I get home.

        I never understood why my uncle treated me like this I mean we are family but he treats me like some sort of slave like he owns me and it's not like his harsh words have done good towards me. It's only caused me more pain it's like he can see I have nowhere to go nowhere , nowhere to hide from the harsh words he says.I wish I remembered what my parents were like my uncles never talked about them only that my mother was his favourite sister and that's the only reason he took me in. I'm lost deep in thought as I get closer and closer to town Square.

        As I walk into town Square the faint smell of fresh baked goods enter my nose they are still very few people out as it is still fairly early in the morning though the people I do pass i greet politely most of them I know by acquaintance . Faintly thinking about how the woman are exceptionally beautiful causing me to self-consciously tug on the bottom of my skirt why can't you look like that i think to myself.

        As I walk past the mayors large manner that seems to glow in the early morning I can feel myself getting lost in my spiralling thoughts. Why can't I look like that? Is there something wrong with me? Is this my fault? Can I do anything about it?

         I now find myself in front of the only library in our town old ridge library it's in the centre of the town it's the oldest building in the town . As I enter the library the faint ringing of a bell can be heard throughout the shelves and shelves of books. The strong musty smell of old books with slight perfume hits me as I walk into the door refreshingly pulling me away from my spiralling thoughts. Most people find the smell quite odd and don't like it but for me it's comforting sort of like a home away from home we're all thoughts are at peace.

        I quickly walk up to my boss mrs.Moore "hello Mrs.Moore is there anything specific you would like me to do today or just help people with books and sign them in and out" I ask quietly though the silence projecting my voice throughout the library. " oh yes dear I don't need any help with anything specific today though I am off for a visit with the mr. Cohen the blacksmith so I need you to watch the library" she replies with a smile on her face Mrs.Moore was always there for me she was like a kind grandma giving me advice when I needed it and harbouring the place where I felt safe.

" of course" I reply sweetly

        It's been almost 30 minutes and no one's come in which is quite surprising because there's usually at least one person by now. I decide to pick up a book from the library as to not bore myself while I wait for a customer. I quickly go and pick up one of my favourite books that I've read 1000 times Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. Shakespeare is one of my favourite authors/poet. I'm probably about five pages in when I hear the soft ringing of the bell meaning a customer has come in I quickly set my book down on the main counter to see who it is and if I need to help them.