Chapter 3

As I make my way to the entrance I hear a loud voice whining. "Why did father make me go here he can just order the books and get that slave of a girl to bring them to our house" someone wines as the door shut with a light slam.

        With a grown I realize  who it is , Lindsay the mayors daughter she seems to have it out for me I don't know her problem she just seems to love to make fun of me and poke at every little mistake I make. She's the definition of stuck up but at this point I don't know why I ever try to stand up for myself. And she always has a two little henchmen following her around like a lost puppy's I believe their names are Georgia and Riley. I don't even think I've ever heard them speak they just giggle and follow her around.

        Unfortunately I'm the only one here which means I'll have to deal with them hopefully she doesn't take advantage of us being the only people here. When I first met her I was probably about 10 I always used to think that maybe she'd realize she was too grown-up for this but she's 18 and I'm 17 and she still does this I'm starting to realize she may never stop.

        " hello Lindsay what did you come in here for can I help you" I asked politely " of course you can help me you're a slave after all my father ordered some books a couple of days ago and he asked me to come and pick them up" she replies with a sneer.

        " oh right I have the books in the back I'll be back in a second" I say quickly. I hurriedly walk to the back grabbing the eight books that the mayor ordered a few days ago. Now I would never admit this to her face but Lindsay is beautiful not on the inside but  she has perfect strawberry blonde  Beautiful pale skin with freckles I mean most days I wish for a body that looked that good. Mrs.Moore always told me that it's what's on the inside that counts not the outside but that small part of me still tells me that everything would've worked out if I was pretty that I wouldn't be treated like a slave if I didn't look like one.

       I mean Lindsay is stuck up mean rude but she gets what she wants and is treated like royalty because she looks pretty and has a beautiful voice if what's on the inside that counts then why do people care so much about how are you look or if you're pretty or not . Why do people treat people differently based on how they look.

        Unfortunately for me my tendency to daydream and not pay attention to where I'm going ends up in  me running into Lindsay knocking her over. I quickly get up apologizing to her and asking if she needs help up. " you may be a slave but i'd rather die than let you touch me i'm surprised anyone can't stand you I'm sure it's just for pity" she sneers as Riley who always has her hair dye different colours today its bright blue helps her up. I bite the inside of my lip-I also often do it when I'm nervous- as I try not to cry i really must be pathetic if I all most cry at that. I think to myself.

        " these books are too heavy I don't want to get my dress dirty , slave can you carry them for me" Lindsay says as she drops the books into my hands The weight of the 8 heavy books surprising me as I almost tumble to the floor. Well that going to leave a mark . I think as my forearms sting from the books smashing into them. I quickly realized that Lindsey is leaving as I hear Georgia opened the door for her as she sashes out of the door I quickly follow her. I put the close sign on the door as I take my keys from out of my pocket and quickly lock the door as I followed Lindsay.

        The faint smell of fresh baked goods hits me in the face as a quickly scurried behind Lindsay and her posse. Well this is awful i'm walking behind her like a slave , good thing it's quite early in the morning and there's no one witnessing this, The only reason I'm doing this is because I want to keep my job and she's the mayor's daughter and I quite like the mayor I wouldn't want him to not get his books. I always found it quite surprising that Lindsay was so rude stuck up and cocky when her dad was just a sweetheart and her twin brother was amazing Leo he is one of my best friends along with his girlfriend who absolutely hates Lindsey with quite the fiery passion.

We finally arrive at the mayor's house i'm hoping we finish soon so I can get away from Lindsay and I wasn't supposed to leave the library. I hope miss.Moore doesn't find out I left the library unattended. As we walk past the large metal gates at the entrance of the mayor's house which shine a silver in the morning sunlight we quickly walk through the large driveway which stunning Garden and water fountains sit beside and we finally make it up to the grand oak doors. No matter how many times I come here I'm always amazed at the grand size and beauty of the house it could be it's own museum with the thousands of trinkets from around the kingdoms along with great stories to be told about each person who's lived in this house.

As the doors open the The morning sunlight shines through the Stainglass windows to the great entrance hall along with the grandiose stair cases casting a vibrant hue around the whole entrance hall shining on the tiled floor each white tile looking like a rainbow in the sun. I soon see the mayor short figure quickly walk down the One of the large sets of stairs. " Lindsay, did you pick up the books I ordered" he greeted his daughter before noticing me "Oh nova how wonderful to see you if you're looking for Leo I think he just started his shift at the bakery" he says as his kind grey eyes wander over to my figure not noticing the books in my hands. " oh no mr. Mayor I'm simply here with your books that you ordered a couple of weeks ago" I reply to him my soft voice echoing throughout the large hall. " LINDSAY, I told you to get the books not to get the kind worker to bring them here for you" he scolds he's usually kind voice turning shrill before hurrying over to me quickly snatching the books from my hand and handing them to one of the many butlers that seem to be bustling around the house at all times.

Lindsey then scurries off with her minions following her probably off to her room and hoping not to get scolded more by her father. " Nova how about you come and sit and have a tea with me" he kindly offers. I look at him sadly knowing I would have to decline his offer as I have to hurry back to the library. " i'm really sorry Mr. Mayor but I must get back to the library" I tell him staring at him as he turns back around at me his strawberry blonde hair , short stature and kind grey eyes quickly turning around to face me as he was watching Lindsay hurry off. " oh I understand but next time you visit you must have a tea with me" he says with a small smile on his face " of course Mr. Mayor" I tell him with a smile. Before turning around and scurrying out of the entrance hall as two guards shut the large oak doors behind me I start to jog to try and get to library as fast as I can.