Chap 37

Chapter thirty-seven

"I'm serious," the girl Eleanor continued as they made their way towards the dressing room. "I have most certainly heard that name before. I'm not sure where, but I know for a fact that I have."

"I could say the same thing too," Margeux smiled as she tugged the dress close to her chest.

Seriously, she's heard the name Eleanor somewhere...

Max followed closely behind Margeux until they made it to the dressing area.

"Go try it on," Eleanor said as she motioned her head towards one of the dressing rooms that were available.

Margeux looked at her unsure before she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"I-I thought we were-only-aren't yo-you here fo-for you know?" Max asked as she turned her head to face her.

Margeux bit her bottom lip as she turned her attention back to Eleanor who was raising her eyebrows in curiosity.

"I wasn't planning to buy the dress I was just-"

"Oh please," Eleanor pleaded as she pouted her lips a bit. "I would love to see you in that dress."

"But why?" Margeux laughed. It was all a bit strange to her.

Eleanor shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know...maybe when I saw you hold the dress up, I was just curious to know what you looked in it. I mean, your figure looks perf for it!"

Margeux turned to Max who was tugging on the sleeves of her long sweater. She looked back to Eleanor who gave her a friendly smile.

"I'll just try it," she said softly.

Eleanor squealed in excitement as she led Margeux to the first dressing stall.

"Come out when you're done," she smiled as she closed the red velvet curtain.

Margeux stood still, dumbfounded for a moment, just looking at the smooth and silky curtain.

She sighed as she began to strip off her clothes. When she was in just her undergarments, she slowly pulled the black dress up her body. It fit her snug and went up just above her knees. It looked smooth and professional on her. It was a strapless dress with glitter lined at the hem near her chest. She honestly loved how it looked on her.

She swung the curtain open and stepped out to see Max smiling as Eleanor talked.

Their attention averted to Margeux as they watched her step out the dressing room.

Max's jaw dropped open a little as Eleanor gasped dramatically.

"Okay I know we've just met," she grinned. "But you are stunning! Just gorgeous."

"Oh please," Margeux smiled as she skimmed her hands over the smooth, snug dress. "If anything you're the gorgeous one."

"Aw thanks babe," she gushed. "But I wasn't kidding. You really are beautiful! Don't you agree Max?"

Max looked to Eleanor and smiled as she nodded. Then she faced Margeux and smiled. "Ye-ye-yes."

Margeux gave them a small smile. "Well thanks but, I guess it's time to take it off."

As she walked back to the dressing room, she saw Eleanor whisper something to Max.

What?

When she was done changing back into her clothes, she walked out and saw that Eleanor and Max were standing near the register.

"Hey what are you doing?" Margeux asked as she rushed over to them. The lady behind the register smiled at Eleanor as she handed her card back.

Eleanor smiled as she turned around to face Margeux.