mixed feelings

When I wasn't sick anymore, Bakugou went straight to training me again. So after classes ended, Bakugou dragged me away from the classroom into the hallways, knowing I'd try to escape from the back. Though once we were going down the stairs, Kirishima caught up with us.

"Hey, guys," he greeted, "Are you two gonna train again?"

The two of us stopped and turned around, and my eyes lit up when I saw Eijirou.

"Mind if I join you two?" he asked, "I've been slacking off in my training, and I thought I could hang out with you guys while we trained."

But before I could answer, Bakugou lashed out on Eijirou.

"No, you idiot!" he yelled, annoyed, "Go and do something else. Go play legos or something with Kaminari or Sero!"

I didn't know what Bakugou's deal was, so I looked at him, angry.

"Bakugou. What's your deal? Why won't you let Kiri come with us?"

"Well he can't, alright?!" he declared, "He'll just get in the way of our training!"

That was when Bakugou stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked down the stairs, leaving.

"Come on, you idiot!"

I looked up at Eijirou, worried. But then looked down, ashamed.

"I'm sorry, Kiri..."

"T-That's alright, (y/n)," he reassured me, "I'll catch up with you tomorrow, I guess."

I walked outside and managed to find Bakugou all the way in the field. I ran towards him and turned him around so he would face me.

"What's your deal, man?" I questioned, "Kirishima didn't do anything wrong. Why won't you let him join us?"

Bakugou closed his eyes, scoffing.

"That's none of your concern!" he glared at me, angry again, "Just go do the exercises I told you to do and stop asking so many damn questions!"

I didn't say anything and just looked at him, disappointed. I hated when Bakugou got angry; resentful. Eventually, when we finished for the day, I was ready to leave quickly so I didn't have to deal with Bakugou anymore. I just bent down and picked up my backpack, holding my penny skateboard on my arms. Bakugou walked toward me and tried to make a conversation, but when he noticed I wasn't paying attention, he snapped.

"So what? You plan to ignore me now?" Bakugou asked, "Are you angry at me or something?"

I stood up straight, hopped on my skateboard and rode it toward the school's entrance. But Bakugou followed me.

"Why are you ignoring me?!" he yelled, "Stop pretending I'm not here, you dumbass! I know you can hear me!"

I stopped, picking up my skateboard by hitting it with my foot once as it flew into my arms. I then turned to Bakugou, irritated still, and glared at him.

"You were a jerk to Kirishima," I proclaimed, "He didn't deserve to be yelled at like that!"

Despite my aggressive behavior, Bakugou took my anger lightly.

"Oh, is that it?" he chuckled, "Come on! It's not like I hit the guy! He'll be alright."

I grunted, closing my eyes.

"Sometimes words are enough to hurt someone. I think you know that more than others."

I pushed the ground below me, propelling me forwards. But Bakugou followed me still.

"You know, if I didn't know any better," he told me, "I'd say you like that red freak! Since you're so worried about him and defending him all the time!"

I stopped. My eyes widened a bit, and I was left speechless.

"T-That's..."

I looked down, thinking about Eijirou. Did I like Kirishima? Or was he just a friend?

"So you do like him," Bakugou grinned, crossing his arms, "It's pretty obvious. The way you look at him makes you all stupid."

"I-It's not like that," I said, trying to convince myself, "K-Kiri's really awesome and an amazing person. I've only met a few people like him, and people with his type of personality bring out the best in me. That's all."

I looked down, smiling. I could even feel my cheeks burning just by thinking of Eijirou. Maybe I did like him...

"Tch. You're just saying that," Bakugou scoffed, "That nerd's just like the rest. All talk but no action! He thinks he can beat everyone because of that hardening quirk of his!"

I tilted my head, curious.

"Are you... jealous of Kirishima?"

Bakugou's eyes widened, shocked.

"What?!" he exclaimed, "Why would I be jealous of that freak?!"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "You tell me, firecrackers."

Bakugou grunted, looking down as his whole body trembled from the frustration.

"W-Well I'm not! So get that through your thick skull!"

I rolled my eyes, sighing, as I continued riding my skateboard.

"You have to apologize to him," I said before leaving.

Bakugou scoffed again, crossing his arms as he closed his eyes.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I won't forgive you until you do."

And with that, I left Bakugou standing as I rode my skateboard alone all the way home.