Chapter 16

ROSEMARY

“Thank you for inviting us tonight, Tate.”

“Seemed like you had a good time.”

I expected family dinner to last a couple of hours, but before I knew it the entire day and evening had come and gone and it was time to head home. Mercy fell asleep on the drive home and retreated to her bedroom right away, leaving Tate and me alone. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he packed a bag to stay the night, just in case I said yes.

With our time coming to a close, I wanted to spend as much time with Tate as I could. Neither of us was under the impression that this was anything long-term, but I knew that my feelings for him were growing ten-fold every day. I couldn’t read his mind, but I felt deep down inside that he felt the same way. Tate wasn’t the type of guy that wore his emotions on his sleeve or talked about his feelings, but the way he looked at me, touched me, treated my sister with dignity and respect, I knew he had feelings, even if he didn’t know how to say them.

“I had a really good time. In fact, I’m not sure the last time I laughed that much. Those girls sure are something else.” 

Tate was already submerged in the swimming pool when I came out dressed in my bikini. I brought a few of them, figuring that I’d be spending most of my time out by the pool, I packed this one, just in case. The silver color played nicely against my skin, but the highlight of the bikini was less about the fabric and more about how little fabric it included.

His eyes were penetrating me as I made my slow descent into the pool. The water was warm, almost too warm, but what really brought the heat was the man waiting for me in the pool. He held out his hand when I reached the last step and I happily took it. He pulled slightly and I ended up floating right into his arms. I wrapped my legs around the trunk of his body and kissed him as my life depends on it. 

Every time my lips met his was an event of epic proportion. Our tongues fought for control, but eventually, I had to give up the power to him. All that strong and independent woman shit goes out the window when Tate Wilkins is involved. Maybe it is because he’s not actually trying to control me. After so many years of trying to convince Vinnie that I was just as good as him and just as powerful as him had left me with nothing. That is why I let him have my dad’s company without a fight. I was tired. He had broken me down in so many ways. He knew he was always going to have the upper hand, so what was the point in fighting?

I’m sure he knew all of that and that is why he continued to pursue a relationship with me even after my dad’s death. Eventually, I was going to say yes because he had control. It is different with Tate. In a way, I feel even more powerful and strong when I give up control to him. I know he’s not treating my submissiveness as being below him. He sees me and respects me, probably the biggest turn-on of all.

“I need you, Tate.”

“I’m right here, Rosemary. I’ll give you whatever you need.”

We float in the pool, eventually making it over to the small seat in one of the corners. Tate sets me up on the seat and begins to kiss the swells of my breasts while his fingers move aside my bikini bottoms and gently playing with my clit. “I like that, your fingers feel so good.”

“Just my fingers?” He growls while continuing to kiss from my breasts to my neck and up my jawline.

“Everything about you feels so good. Give me more, Tate. I need more of you.”

“You’ve got all of me, Rosemary, don’t worry a bit.” He slides his fingers into my folds, thrusting in and out until my head falls back and I scream his name from the top of my lungs. He quickly covers my mouth with his hands and laughs, “As much as I love hearing my name come from you, I don’t need the neighbors knowing what we’re going back here, Gorgeous.”