Chapter 4: Dinner, Madame?

Patrick pulls into the parking lot of an Italian restaurant.

"Good choice." Vera says smiling at Patrick.

"I thought you would like it." He says returning the smile.

Patrick gets out of the car and walks to the passenger side and opens the door for Vera. "C'mon." He says, while holding out his hand to her.

———

When they are seated in the restaurant, Vera looks around admiring the beauty of the place. The restaurant has a very modern look. White walls, dark booths, gorgeous lights hanging from the ceiling, and a blooming green plant almost everywhere you look.

"Patrick, this place is so beautiful. So... so — lively."

"A beautiful place for a beautiful women." He says softly smiling.

This gave Vera butterflies and she could feel herself blushing. So she covered it up with an "Oh please" look at Patrick.

———

When they had finished eating and the check had arrived, Patrick went to reach for the check, but Vera took it before he had the chance.

"What are you doing?" Patrick asked Vera with a smile on his face.

"Here you go!" Vera said to the waiter, handing them her credit card.

"I told you it was my treat!" Patrick says.

"We'll half that check is from the champagne I ordered."

"But still, I-"

Vera interrupts him.

"It's already done, so... too late!" Vera said teasingly.

"Okay, Farmiga. You win." Patrick says with a smirk.

Vera gives him a bragging smile.

"But seriously, are you okay? Because you did drink a lot of champagne." He says to her as they get up.

"Look." She says as she walks in a straight line.

"I'm fi-" She trips over her own feet and falls into Patrick's arms.

She falls away from him and grabs his arm to catch herself. He quickly grabs behind her shoulder and her lower back.

They stay in that pose.

"Yeah, you're totally fine!" He said sarcastically.

Vera brushes her hand down his arm as she tries to stand on both of her feet again.

"Well good thing you're taking me back anyways." She says to Patrick.

"Yeah." He laughs. "Good thing."

They walk out to the car, and Patrick helps her in.

Vera falls sound asleep in his car.

———

When they get back to the hotel parking lot, Patrick tried to wake Vera up in a way that made it seem like he wanted her to sleep forever. After whispering her name a few times, he gave up. He got out of the car and went to the passenger side to carry her in bridal style. She was so deeply asleep, that he ended up carrying her all the way to his room.

He sat her down on the couch to rest his arms and to take her slim black heels off.

He picked her up again, and brought her to his bed. He sat her down gently, as to not wake her, and tucked her in. He gently traced his hands in her brunette locks and tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear. He placed a soft, sweet kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight, Vera." He said faintly.

As he walked away, he heard a delicate voice whisper, "Goodnight, Patrick."

They were both blushing,  and they knew the other was too without even looking at each other.

Patrick walks into living room of his hotel room and pulls out the mattress from in the couch.

He sleeps there for the night.  The pull-out mattress wasn't nearly as comfy as the bed, but he wanted to let Vera be comfortable for the night.