101-110

Chapter 101: Qi Zhenbai Strongly Declares Sovereignty
Qian Hongxin returned to the small rental house he was sharing with Liu Xinfang. When he entered the door, he saw Liu Xinfang searching everywhere for something. After she moved things around, the originally narrow and small rental house looked even more cramped and messy.

“What are you doing? You’re making a mess.” Seeing Liu Xinfang’s actions, Qian Hongxin felt a little guilty. He had exchanged almost all the jewelry and branded bags which Yang Feiyu had given to Liu Xinfang for money.

“Where’s my pearl necklace, and one of my branded bags?” Liu Xinfang supported her big belly as she asked the question. She suddenly thought of something and looked up at Qian Hongxin and asked, “As soon as I woke up, my stuff was gone. Did you take them?”

Seeing that he couldn’t hide it anymore, Qian Hongxin looked at her belly and heaved a long sigh. “Xinfang, the Yang family is bullying others too much. I ran into a wall recently trying to look for a job. It must be their doing, but when I think about how you’re going to give birth soon, the money for the child’s milk powder and clothes, plus the rent, will all be a lot of money. So, I had to use those things of yours to solve the pressing problem first.”

Qian Hongxin seemed afraid of making Liu Xinfang angry, so he grabbed her hands and said tenderly, “But don’t worry, after we get through this period, I’ll make a name for myself. I’ll definitely buy you new things, even better than what Yang Feiyu bought you.”

When Liu Xinfang heard Qian Hongxin’s words, she felt extremely suffocated and uncomfortable in her heart, but she still said considerately, “I believe you can definitely build a career for yourself with your abilities.”

Qian Hongxin was moved and hugged Liu Xinfang. As she leaned on Qian Hongxin’s shoulder, Liu Xinfang’s eyes dimmed and she was depressed. She absentmindedly thought that this wasn’t the life she wanted at all.

In the beginning, she thought that it was Yang Feiyu, the rich second-generation heir, who had forcefully snatched her away and hindered her from true love with Qian Hongxin. For this reason, she once hated him. When she and Qian Hongxin placed the curse on Yang Feiyu, she took it for granted that Yang Feiyu owed her.

But now that she was really living here with Qian Hongxin, she realized that she couldn’t stand this kind of poverty. It was easy to go from frugality to extravagance, but difficult to go from extravagance to frugality.

That was especially the case when she recalled how she had lived in a mansion and led a pampered life while being meticulously taken care of by servants and housekeepers. But look at her now; she had to do the cooking and all the household chores, and was unable to swallow some of the food every time she ate. She keenly felt the disparity.

The more Liu Xinfang thought about it, the more uncomfortable she felt. She pushed Qian Hongxin away, but when she saw his stunned gaze, her eyes flashed and she felt a little guilty. What was she thinking? Qian Hongxin was handsome and talented; he just wasn’t as lucky as Yang Feiyu, or hadn’t gotten the right opportunities. How could that foppish rich second-generation heir, Yang Feiyu, compare with him? He was simply a good-for-nothing who relied on his parents.

Chi Shuyan didn’t go out again after the college entrance exam. She locked herself away in her room all day as she thought of all sorts of ways to access the skills for borrowing luck. Unfortunately, she still couldn’t think of anything after staying at home for a dozen days.

There was a knock on the door and Chi Shuyan went to open it. She saw her father, Chi Lingyan, standing there with a face full of smiles. She asked in confusion, “Dad, is there a happy occasion?” She had never seen her father smile so happily before.