111-120

Chapter 111: Great Disaster at the Burial Mound!
Zhu Bocheng hurriedly took a taxi and rushed to the airport. Perhaps because Sister Shuyan was too generous today and he had eaten a full meal early in the morning, but Zhu Bocheng was in a very good mood. He sat leisurely in the back of the car and had nothing to do, so he simply called his best friend, Qi Zhenbai. As soon as the other party picked up, he immediately teased, “Zhenbai, guess where I am now?”

Zhu Bocheng was originally in a good mood, but his best friend, Zhenbai, didn’t give him any face at all. Hearing his idle and boring words, his thin lips spat out coldly, “I’m busy, I’m hanging up.”

Seeing that his best friend was as much a workaholic as ever without the slightest interest in gossip, Zhu Bocheng roasted him in his heart, but still said hurriedly, “Zhenbai, I just saw your wife.”

Qi Zhenbai paused.

Zhu Bocheng continued, “Do you know how virtuous your wife is? The porridge and the sauce she makes are simply superb. You’re really blessed in the future. Zhenbai, as a good friend, you two must not forget me, the important matchmaker, in the future! You must give me gratitude for whatever good things you have, understand?”

Qi Zhenbai’s face sank, especially when he heard that Chi Shuyan, that woman, had cooked for another man. He hadn’t tasted that woman’s cooking yet, so his eyes grew deeper, but his tone was eerily calm. “Really?”

The two were good friends. While Zhu Bocheng wouldn’t say that he knew everything about his best friend, he still knew him quite well. Hearing his calm tone, he suddenly shivered. Fearing that his friend was being randomly jealous, Zhu Bocheng didn’t dare tease him. He quickly found an honest excuse and explained, “Okay, okay, I’m scared of you. I didn’t come to Fuzhou to steal your girl, but to get talismans. I also put in a good word for you on the way. Your wife gave me face and also gave me a lot of delicious pickled vegetables! They really taste superb. Zhenbai, you’ve long tasted them, right?”

Qi Zhenbai’s face, which had just relaxed, immediately sank fiercely when he heard the last sentence that jabbed at his sore spot. He recalled the last time he saw her; not to mention eating that woman’s cooking, the two had parted on completely bad terms. But even before, when they got along okay, that woman had probably never thought of cooking for him.

The more Qi Zhenbai thought about it, the darker his face became. He felt suffocated in his heart and the coldness around him became even more alarming.

He didn’t say much. Before he hung up, he told Zhu Bocheng to bring over all the pickled vegetables for him after he returned to the capital. If he dared to steal a bottle for himself, he could just wait and see.

Zhu Bocheng wanted to cry when the call cut off. He wished he could turn back time; he would rather be beaten to death than give Zhenbai that damned phone call.

These pickled vegetables were really tasty and Zhenbai wouldn’t even leave him a bottle; how could Zhu Bocheng bear to part with them?

Zhu Bocheng arrived at the Qi house in the capital just as Qi Hao and his companions were about to set out on their adventure. Fortunately, he had been quick enough to arrive in time.

When he entered the hall of the Qi house, Zhu Bocheng promptly stuffed the talismans he had just gotten into Qi Hao’s hands, indicating that he had bought these talismans with difficulty from his good friend, a true Celestial Master.

Qi Hao’s companions only believed in the talismans they bought and didn’t take Zhu Bocheng’s talismans seriously at all.

Qi Hao looked impatient and stuffed them back into Zhu Bocheng’s hands. He frowned and said, “Brother Zhu, how much did you spend on these fake talismans? Which swindler tricked you? I’ve told you before that I’ve already bought a lot of talismans from a real Celestial Master. Don’t be silly and be fooled by a swindler. Don’t give me these fake goods. If worst comes to worst, leave them for yourself as a memento.”