ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳ/ᵗʰⁱʳᵈ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ᵖᵒᵛ

don't cry, snowman, not in front of me
who'll catch your tears if you can't catch me, darling
if you can't catch me, darling

don't cry, snowman, don't leave me this way
a puddle of water can't hold me close, baby
can't hold me close, baby

i want you to know that i'm never leaving
cause i'm mrs. snow, 'till death we'll be freezing
yeah, you are my home, my home for all seasons
so come on let's go

let's go below zero
and hide from the sun
i love you forever
where we'll have some fun

yes, let's hit the North Pole
and live happily
please, don't cry no tears now
it's christmas, baby

my snowman and me,
my snowman and me
baby

soobin sang his heart out, his falsettos perfect and his voice pitched perfectly. by the end of the song, yeonjun was on the brink of tears; he felt on top of the world.

he felt so loved.

"s-soobin, i-"

"yeonjun," the younger breathed out, "look, i guarantee there will be tough times, one or even both of us is gonna want to get out of this whole thing. but i also guarantee that if i don't ask you to be mine, i'll regret it for the rest of my life, because i know in my heart, you're the only one for me."

yeonjun's heart stopped beating for a damn second. is he going to...

and he did.

he went down on one knee and popped the question,

"so will you give me the honour of being my husband, choi yeonjun?"

tears streamed down his pink cheeks as he went down to soobin's level and placed his lips onto his.

when their lips met, everything fell into place. it felt like everything was perfect, maybe it was the magic of the lake or maybe the buzzing fireflies. or maybe it was their love for each other, beautiful, blooming and undying.

soobin brought the smaller male into his lap, kissing the side of his forehead as he slipped the simple yet exquisite diamond engagement ring on his left ring finger.

"is that a yes though?"

"what do you think?" yeonjun said, hitting his chest gently.

the couple sat in comfortable silence, soobin caressing yeonjun's hands, kissing his hair every now and then.

to say that the past few years had been a struggle was a understatement at this point. the two had been through thick and thin together, mentally, physically and emotionally. but they still managed, and even smiled through those times, because had the other with them. because they love each other.

"i love you so much, baby."

yeonjun looked up and smiled at him,

"i love you too,

binnie.

✵ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ✵