Chapter 3

"Did you really think you could escape me?" A laughing voice from Eva echoed.

"No." I stood there in the darkness, shivering. "No."

"Good. Now in 2 days from now I want you to come to me," she said as she also sprinkled green dust all over me.

I started to feel weird. I couldn't feel my body. My body is moving on its own!!

My left hand went and reached in the darkness a knife. My right hand reached in the darkness, too. It got a vile of poison. My body moved like a puppet on strings towards the group of people that I met not too long ago. ° ° ° °

"NOO!!! NOOOOOOO!!! STOOOP!! DON'T DO THIS TO ME!! DON'T KILL THEM, NOOO!!" I yelled in bloody murder but it was too late the knife was bloody and the vile wasn't opened yet. I then saw Kidd walk up to me. My body moved the bloody knife and vile behind me and poored the poison on the knife. My eyes went wide, my pupils small, I'm sweating like crazy. My skin goes super pale as I plunged the knife in his heart.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" I screamed in bloody murder as I huffed and puffed. I sat up and many people came in the school infirmary to see what went on.

I guy with a screw in his head said,"It was just a terrible nightmare. Go back where you were."

I shook in fright as Kidd finally made it past the crowd and in the infirmary. He was sweating and breathing hard. He saw me shaking and on the verge of crying, so he hugged the scrap out of me.

He then asked loudly,"What happened, Stein?!"

Stein replied,"She just had a nightmare. It's okay, but I do have to say that it was some nightmare she had. To be woken up, screaming like she was dying from a knife wound." I shuddered and cried while my eyes never closed and my pupils never shrank.

I spoke in a shaky tone,"Tw-two days. Two days. Two da-days. Two d-d-days." I rocked back and forth with my legs curled up, and I looked like a ball.

Kidd hugged me tighter than before not letting me rock. My eyes just ceased to close which made them dry and sting. He wasn't surprised that I could talk. I actually remembered why I couldn't talk.

Several months back when I entered the city. I got used to the place, but not the nightmares that occurred in my sleeps. I wanted to get rid of them so badly that I started to play with the kids with my illusions. It was that night that I heard Eva in my sleep. She said,"I will conceal your voice and take away your memories of this moment until the day comes when you get your powers and kill what's precious to you."

I cried more at the thought of my voice being stolen.

"It's okay, (y/n). You're safe now, you're safe now," Kidd repeated while cradling me in his strong arms. I started to calm down a little when I found myself falling asleep with my head on his chest. I listened to his heart beat in tune as a lullaby for sleeping. Then I fell asleep.

*Time Skip*

I woke up to find myself in a different bed. I looked around and saw that I was in someone's house. I got out of messy bed and headed over to the door, but before I could open it it already opened. I ended up seeing Kidd walking in.

"Kidd, where am I?" I asked forgetting that I haven't spoke in a long time.

Kidd' s face showed that he forgot that I spoke to him before, and he said,"You can speak?!"

I tilted my head, and with habit I shrugged with squinting eyes.

He sighed,"Oh! You're in my house, just to point out." He started scratching his head while blushing. I laughed an actual laugh. Then I gasped,"I-I-I can laugh *Relief laugh* I can finally laugh!" I started to laugh a lot more. Then Kidd joined in sooner or later.