Let Me Give You A Ride

As soon as i got home, i ran upstairs to my room to change and put a bra on. "Ana honey! We'll be having dinner guests tonight! The Gomezes. I think their son is a classmate of yours and their other son works at Apple and he said he could help you with your syncing problem from your old phone to your new phone" shouted Aunt Shelly from the kitchen. I kept my things and got myself ready for dinner. "Oh shit!" that's when i realized i left my old phone in my locker.

I hurriedly went back down and told Aunt Shelly that i forgot my old phone in my locker and would just quickly ride my bike to school to get it. "Ok, hurry but be careful. It's starting to get dark. Make sure you stay at the side of the road so a car won't hit you. And double check your reflectors" "Got it" she kissed my cheek and went back to the kitchen and i went out for my bike.

I got to school and hurriedly parked and locked my bike. Then "OOUUFFF" i bumped into someone hard. "Woah, slow down there!" Paxton held on to my shoulders. "You ok? You look like you're in a hurry" "yeah, i forgot my old phone in my locker and i really need to get it" i explained to him. "Ok, let's go get it." I would've told him that i can go on my own but it was getting dark and i was scared to be alone in school and get accidentally locked in. We walked to my locker and i asked "why are you still in school this late? If you don't mind me asking" "Swim Practice" he answered. I looked at him with his sweats on, a duffel bag on his shoulder, and his hair still wet and thought to myself "stupid question"

"Oh yeah, you're in the swim team! I almost forgot" i said as we got to my locker and tried opening it. "Actually, i'm the captain of the swim team" he said with a smile. "Ah! Here you are!" I found my phone and placed it in my inside jacket pocket when my other phone rang. "Hey Aunt Shelly! I found my old phone, i'm on my way back now! Ok, i'll be there very soon. Bye" i locked my phone and put it in my other pocket. "Thanks for coming in with me but i gotta hurry home now. We have dinner guests" "oh let me give you a ride home then" he offered. "Oh no, it's ok! I have my bike. I can ride it fast" "yeah but my car could get you home quicker. I can put your bike at back of my jeep. Come on" then he dragged me out the school.

I unlocked my bike chain and he pushed my bike to his jeep and loaded it in the back. "Thanks so much for everything Paxton! First my jacket, then my phone, now this" "No problem! Anything for you." Then he gave me this really cute smile that's hard to resist to look away and not melt into his front seat. Maria's words then sounded off like an alarm in my head "DON'T FALL FOR HIS GAME". I shook my head and looked front in the windshield and pointed out where my house was.

We both went out and he unloaded my bike from the back of his jeep when my aunt came out of the house. "Finally, you're here! But why did you get out of this car? Did you get into an accident???" Aunt Shelly worriedly asked as she looked me over for injuries. "I'm fine Aunt Shelly! A friend from school helped me out by giving me a ride" i explained to her as Paxton got my bike out his jeep and pushed it to me. "Good evening Mrs. Saldana! Sorry to cause you worry. I just wanted to help get Ana home quicker and safer" he said. "Oh no! Thank you so much for getting her back home safe! And please call me Aunt Shelly! Why don't you have dinner with us? It's getting late" said Aunt Shelly. "Oh no, it's ok Aunt Shelly! My family has dinner plans too. Thank you though. Maybe next time. I'll get going so you can have your dinner with your guests now" said Paxton and he went back in to his driver's seat. "Thanks so much again Paxton!" "Thank you dear! Drive safe" we waved goodbye and he honked his horn as he drove off.