Chapter One - :

Chapter 1 - : || Calm before the storm

Relationships in this chapter - :
Kazuha x Scaramouche

Scaramouche hadn't been back to Inazuma in quite awhile, but he could never seem to rid himself of the countless memories he'd made here. Good or bad. Though, that keen memory does come with it's flaws.

"He is not fit for the divinity of eternity."

"Then what do you propose we do with him, your excellency?"

"... Leave me be. I will make some modifications and then let him wander. He serves no purpose to me but taking up space."

"My my.. surely you aren't going to send him out with no identity?" The shogun's loyal servant, Yae Miko stepped closer to the prototype.

"No, I suppose that would be rather cruel as well.. Kunikuzuchi. I'll add that when modifying him."

"You see him as simply a prototype, nothing more, yet you pity him. It makes me think you may have a soft spot for this creation, like kin would have to one another, hm?"

"... No. Most certainly not."

"So be it. Shall I send for someone when you are finished?"

"That would be appreciated, Miko."

Scaramouche hated those memories. Those that regarded the Shogun in particular. They gave him a headache.

The sound of crackling thunder as a new storm rolled in did not help such head pains. In fact, it only made them that much worse. He had two agents following him. They stopped at a nearby maple tree and Scaramouche turned to them.

"Go check on our preparations to depart. Do not return unless I ask of you, do I make myself clear?" He ordered.

"Yes, sir."

"Clear as crystal, my lord."

"Good. Now go."

With that, he was left alone under the maple tree. The rain started to pick up as a maple leaf fell off the tree. It landed in Scaramouche's palm, dotted with a few raindrops. The maple leaf, too, brought memories.

But these ones were nice. They brought memories of a young samurai who he had first met under blooming sakura. He recalled being good friends with the boy. Maybe he even thought they could be more if he hadn't joined the fatui and left Inazuma so abruptly.

Regardless, it was pointless. He had no idea where the boy was now. He could only see the albino haired samurai in memories.

Or so he assumed..

The harbinger was quickly pulled out of his thoughts as he heard two familiar voices approaching. One he unfortunately couldn't pinpoint with his ever growing headache, but the other he knew all too well.

The Traveler..

— • — || Aether's POV || — • —
1st person

I was with Kazuha trying to find shelter from the incoming storm. Kazuha had decided to stay in Inazuma a little longer while the Crux fleet prepared for departure. Though, that didn't come without it's cons.

"If my memory serves me right, there is a sturdy maple tree up ahead. Not to far behind it is a cavern. We can rest there while we wait for the storm to pass." The samurai commented, seemingly reminiscent. Was this place special to him?

"Alright. Be prepared, goodness know what's in that cavern now." I replied referring to hillichurls, specters, Hell - Kairagi for that matter.

He agreed and kept a firm hand on his currently sheathed blade.