Chapter Two - :

Chapter 2 - : || Strategy ||
Relationships :
Kujou Sara x Kokomi

Sara was pacing around the main room of the Tenryou Commission's headquarters. It wasn't very often that she did this, but she was doing it now. Her hands remained intertwined behind her back and her mind was going from thought to thought quicker than she could process it.

She had asked for the traveler about 15 minutes ago, yet he was taking quite a bit to get here, which wasn't very good. Time was the one thing Sara was short on. She needed the Traveler's help and quick.

Right on cue, Aether was let in and came walking towards the other. "Sara? Are you alright?" He asked, confusion taking over his face and his eyes gaining a glint of worry. "Does everyone in Inazuma pace when they're stressed?" Paimon asked. "Ah, no. It just keeps me busy." Sara responded.

"Alright, so, to the point. What's going on?"

"Right, you were at the peace talks with Kokomi, correct?"

"Right."

"Well, they've been rescheduled and they are in a couple of hours. I have a certain proposal I want to make to the divine priestess, but... I'm not entirely sure how to put it to make it sound the best."

Aether's worry dissipated, and all that was left on his expression was pure confusion. "Hold on.. do you mean you want help with something like... a relationship or-"

Sara's face went bright red. "No, I didn't mean that!" She cut him off. 

"I mean - perhaps one day we can get to that point but - ... What I mean is I wanted to propose a form of alliance."

"Care to elaborate?"

"During the peace talks, I'd like to ask her if we can try working together rather than against one another for a change. For example, with her strategizing abilities and healing, not to mention her ability to keep her troupes under control and high spirited, she has amazing potential on the battlefield. Where she and her troupes won't cut it, I think that we will. We have more access to supplies and control over more areas. I think that as long as we can come to a compromise on everything else before that, this should come without consequence."

"That's... a thoroughly thought out idea. It's a good one too. I think explaining it just like that will do the trick."

Sara sighed in relief. She wanted to make sure it didn't sound too flawed or selfish in any way.

"Now, back to what you said earlier. "perhaps one day we can get to that point". I take this to mean you take interest in the divine priestess?"

Sara's face flushed red once more. She looked away from the traveler in a hopeful attempt to hide it. Failing, mind you. Aether snickered. Paimon was smiling brightly upon realizing this.

"Ignore it for now. I... failed to realize I said that out loud. For now, I just want to get through the peace talks without anything going wrong." Sara said.

Aether nodded. Both Aether and Paimon walked out, wishing the general luck with her proposal. Paimon giggled occasionally as they continued to leave the commission's headquarters.

"What's so funny?" Aether asked.

"Sara's predicament with Kokomi reminds Paimon of when Paimon found out about your crush on Xiao!" She said. Aether's cheeks were dusted light pink. 

"Speaking of which, it's almost Halloween. Do you think the monsters react to Halloween?" She wondered.

"Hmm... I wonder if we can learn about any scary legends in Inazuma."

"We could also go ask about it in Liyue and Mondstadt too!"

"Who do we ask though?"

"Hm... I have a few people in mind. In Mondstadt, I'm sure Venti probably knows of a few. We could also ask Lisa. In Liyue, I say Zhongli and Xingqiu are our best bets."

"I bet you Chongyun and Xiao may know of a couple too!"

"And perhaps in Inazuma, we could ask the Shogun. Yae may work as well."

"I know Kokomi and Kazuha read relatively often too. But the Shogun is so distant from her people in the plane of euthymia. Would she recall any spooky legends?"

"Hmm... you might be right. Then who do you think is our next best bet?"

"Yae told us that Scaramouche was Ei's prototype puppet, what if we asked him?"

"I suppose as long as he's not being hostile towards us, it's fine. What if we asked him and Childe about Snezhnayan legends."

"Let's go then!"

Chapter 2 - : || Strategy  - Finished

— • — || Author's note || — • —

Hello! Expect a Halloween special next. I already have some stuff planned out for that. There will be some short Kazuscara, probably some Xingyun, and a little bit of Xiaother towards the end. So, if any of those pique your interest, feel free to stick around.

Have a good day and or evening, dear readers.