Gladiators and Pirates

Y/N POV
Zurkie's Gastropub and Battleplex

Took a little while after we left Sargasso, but we finally made it to our destination. Zurkie's, from what I can tell so far, was just a bunch of structures and platforms on/connected to various asteroids in this asteroid field. Another thing I could see is ships of various sizes and designs leaving or landing on the platforms surrounding Zurkie's. Another worrying thing to note was the rifts appearing and disappearing all around the asteroid field, these ones being bigger then the rifts I saw on Sargasso. I'm pretty sure I saw some of the rifts spew things out and into new rifts. Was that a Grunthor just now? Anyway, we were nearing a platform and all was quiet in the cockpit. I noticed Rivet was focused on landing the ship while Clank was looking out into space, a sad look adorning his face. "What ya thinking about there Clank?" I ask. Clank continues staring for a moment before looking down. Rivet must of noticed too before giving out a sigh.

"Come on, let's hear it," she said, her attention divided on both the ship and him now.

"I am--" Clank started before thinking for a moment, "feeling a bit responsible for all of this. Perhaps it is because of me that the dimensions are falling apart, that Ratchet and I are lost..."

"Oh. Yeah," Rivet said before looking down. I did too. I couldn't come up with a response to cheer Clank up before Rivet spoke. "Well-- hey, your communicator's about to get fixed, so that's-- something," she said cheerfully with a smile while pointing it out to Clank. Her smile dropped, however, when both she and I noticed that Clank's mood didn't change.

Clank gave out a sigh. "Right."

I felt the ship touch down and the hatch opened. I was about to protest about there being no oxygen, but I didn't feel the ship decompress. I took a small, hesitant, breath and found out that there was air. Must have some sort of artificial atmosphere out here. Since this was a safe zone, and there was air, I decided to leave my helmet off and clip it to my belt. Rivet grabbed Clank and put him on her back before the both of us hopped out of the ship. As I saw when we were landing, there were already a few ships docked here while their owners were milling about on the platform.

"So!" Rivet started out as we started walking, "This is, uh, Zurkie's Gastropub and Battleplex." She turned her head to Clank. "If there's anywhere in the universe we'll find a part to fix you up, it's here."

"I hope you are right," Clank replied. "The destruction of the Dimensionator seems to have caused a sort of... dimensional cataclysm..." Clank let those words hang in the air for a moment.

'Cataclysm...' The image of black pyramids blotting out the sky suddenly flashed through my head. 'The smoke, the screams, the dark...' I felt myself frown and clench my right hand. "Never again..." I whispered the last part out loud unintentionally. I notice out of the corner of my eye that Rivet's ears perked up and she gave me a questioning side glance. She shook her head before looking forward again.

Clank spoke again. "If I cannot find Ratchet..."

I turn my head to look at him. "Don't worry Clank, we'll get you fixed-up."

"Promise." Rivet and I said at the same time. We both turned to look at each other to give small smiles before continuing forward.

As we were walking, we passed by a robot with a spiked helmet leaning against the railing. "Why must I always sing of grog when I dream of grandeur far beyond the simplest act of self indulgence?" she pondered to herself out loud whilst looking out into the void of space. "What of the pirates who long for the finer things in life...

We walked past her before I spoke to Rivet. "Huh, Deja Vu..."

"Hm?" Rivet hummed out in question.