Fragments

Third POV
Unknown

Darkness. Darkness was all that could be seen by Rivet. No matter where she looked, only darkness was seen. She tried walking but felt only air, as if she was floating. 'What the...' were her only thoughts. She tried moving her arms around feeling for anything, like one lost in a dark room trying to find the light switch.

After a minute of moving her arms around, she stopped. She let out a sigh and rubbed her head with her robotic limb. "How did I get here?" she asked out loud  in confusion, hoping that the void around her might give her an answer. It didn't. "The last thing I remember was being in the ship with Y/N and..." she paused before piecing it together, "fell asleep..." She dropped her head, her ears following afterwords. "Great... just perfect..." she quietly said to herself, her voice one of sorrow.

Why sorrowful? Let's just say that she isn't one for sleep after loosing her arm. Nightmares of the event tend to occur here and there, Rivet thought this would be the same. But it wasn't.

Slowly, the darkness receded to reveal light. It was so blinding, Rivet put up a hand to shield her eyes, waiting for the light to die down. Once it did, Rivet was surprised to find herself in a clearing of snow instead of a familiar dark metallic street. She spun around to only see trees reaching the sky and more snow slowly dropping all around her, this place resembling a frozen forest. Rivet even felt a cold chill through her fur. She took a small step back in confusion, only for the snow to crunch under her boots. "This is a little weird." She said to herself out loud. She looked to the center of the clearing and saw something out of the snow. She walked closer to get a better look. When she was close enough, she could see what looked to be bits of twisted metal littering something big. She walked around the thing and came to one conclusion, that this was a ship. Indeed, she was right. She had stumbled upon the twisted/rusted wreck of an Arcadia class jumpship.

She walked around the ship once more before stopping at one of its sides, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped a bit. Why? Well, she came upon a skeleton that wasn't entirely covered in snow. This was nothing new to her, what with living on Sargasso and finding skeletons of various creatures in its acidic swamps. What was new, however, was that this is a skeleton of a human, really reminding her of Y/N. Her heart dropped at the thought of Y/N meeting a fate like this. She shook her head, trying to ignore both the thoughts and her small heartache. She looked back to the skeleton before noticing something on its lap. "A rifle?" she questioned. Indeed, on the skeleton's lap resided an old rusted, and partially snow covered, rifle. Not only that, but it was a sniper rifle. The long scope and the long thin barrel gave that away.

Rivet was about to touch the rifle before her ears perked up, twitching a little. She looked behind her towards the tree line, where she thought she heard the sound of whirling. She narrowed her eyes before finally catching sight of what was making the sound. Out of the tree line came a small diamond shaped object with what looked to be a blue eye, hovering. When it got closer, Rivet was able to make out its black shell color and the four spikes that protruded from its back.

The hovering object stopped a few feet away from Rivet and the wreck before it suddenly expanding its shell, only to show various pieces of its shell hovering around a mass of blue light with the eye still in the center. It stayed like that for a few seconds before putting itself back together and heading closer to the wreck and Rivet. "Wait, hold on a-" Rivet tried speaking to the object before suddenly it phased through her. Rivet felt a chill go down her spine before placing a hand on her chest, where the object passed through her. She took a small shaky breath. "Okay, that was a little freaky..." She turned around to address the object. "Hey! You know it's a little rude to go through people, right?" she said to the object. The object in question apparently didn't hear her as it was scanning the other side of the wreck with what looked like a ray of light shooting from its eye. "Hey, are you even listening to me?" Rivet asked again. The object apparently didn't/couldn't hear her as it did a scan on the engines of the wreck. Rivet then hit her head, lightly, with her right hand in realization. "Right, weird dream place. Probably just a ghost right now to it."