Life

Laurfindel always glowed so bright. The light of Amen just couldn't be hidden. He was amazed when Elrond, who was holding him, and Erestor showed him the gardens as Celebrian was tending to them. She spotted little Glorfindel and made cooing noises, her gold and silver hair was more familiar to the elfling then the black hair and tanned skin of the Noldo. He wasn't shy or scared of her though. She waited till they where close and reached to take him from her husband.
"My mother will be arriving in a day's time to help with our problem of the enemy but she said that until then, everyone was to remain calm and try to go about our lives as if the enemy wasn't here. Keep lamps lit." She informed her husband as she shifted Glorfindel into her arms.
"Hello, cousin of mine blood. How are you?" She addressed the little one. Laurfindel smiled at her, bringing her peace.
"Family?" He chirped back, squealing when she bopped his nose. She giggled also.
"I am your kinsman and so is my scary husband. My mother though is the closest kin to you though." Celebrian explained, watching as Elrond's eyes widened. So he had forgotten to introduce himself as kin. No wonder Glorfindel had flipped out.
"Really?" Glorfindel's head tilted and that was the moment that Celebrian and Elrond fell under his spell. Erestor snorted.
"I will go prepare for her arrival. I will have the twins bring food to the three of you soon." Erestor left, not noticing the pout on Glorfindel's face when he left. Elrond chuckled.
"Not much has changed then." Elrond whispered to his wife who was giggling at the cutest sight in her life.
"Hush, you. You are well over 2,000 years old and handled this situation horribly." She placed Glorfindel down, who immediately started running around and looking at everything, touching everything, and was about to put something in his mouth when Celebrian asked to see the item he was holding. He obediently brought it to her. She gently took the baby garder snake from him and he went back to exploring. Elrond was shocked by that and how calm Glorfindel was.
"How did you get him to do that?"
"It's quite simple. I told him I was family and he knows he is safe with family and he is obedient because he knows that family won't hurt each other. I'm an adult and he is a child of the Vanyar. Family means everything. If you had just told him that you were kin, then he would have been like this from the start." Celebrian stated. Laurfindel approached with a rose in his hand, yellow of course. Celebrian and Elrond watched as he held it out to Elrond. He took it carefully.
"Sorry." Laurfindel whispered. Elrond smiled at him.
"I should be the one apologizing to you, penneth." Glorfindel smiled at him and raced away, bringing various things to the two adults to have identified. On one suck dash, he fell and scraped his knees. As he tried to get back up, he looked up at the sun and was surprised. He ran back to Celebrian and tugged on he sleeve.
"What's wrong, Laurfindel?" Celebrian asked, watching him stare at the sun for as long as possible. "Don't gaze into the sun! You could hurt yourself!" She exclaimed, scooping him up and gently covering his eyes.
"What is that ball in the sky?" The little voice asked. Elrond didn't know how Glorfindel didn't know about the sun.
"That is the sun, Anar."
"Why is it there?"
"Because the Trees died."
"why does it hurt to look at it?"
"Because she shines brightly."
"Why?"
"Erü decreed so."
"Okay." Laurfindel was hot and his skin was starting to look red. Celebrian took note and stood, holding Glorfindel as she moved to a better shaded area.
"Why am I pale and you're not?" He asked Celebrian.
"Because you are Vanyar and I am only part Vanyar."
"Oh. Is that why I'm different than anyone else here?" He asked softly.
"It's not a bad difference. It's a difference between elves that doesn't matter. We are all kin in some way." She soothed, confused on why he would ask that before remembering that he really was far from home. Her mother would know what to do but until then, she and Elrond had a very lost elfling on their hands.