10. What's going on?

Jennie POV

We were about to be done with rehearsals, we were just talking about tomorrow schedule when Mr Y appeared, he seemed different, actually annoyed or something, it made me feel nervous cause you could feel how the whole place got colder, even hostile and he called Lisa, she went running to his side and they talked for a few minutes, Lisa seemed to get uneasy and she seemed very focused on what he was saying, then it seemed she talked back, she seemed very passionate about her point, I just decided to talk to the dancers, I didn't want to seem nosy.

Then Lisa came and said "I know you guys were already done, but let's do it once more, Jennie you'll be singing and dancing, Brett give me the microphone and help me set up the camera", after a few minutes everything was settled and then she looked at everyone, "Guys break this damn floor with your steps, Kim let's show your potential, don't hold back", everyone nodded and she was gonna play the music, "Everyone to their positions 3, 2, 1" and the music started, they all were ready and I was kinda lost, I saw Lisa and she mouthed a 'You'll be fine' and that was all I needed, I forgot who was watching and I danced my heart out, I started to sing, the dancers were smiling at me and we were giving quite a big show, my voice was strong enough, and I was having so much fun, everything was flowing.

Lisa POV

When Mr. Y came to the studio when we were about to be done, he seemed in a bad mood and when he called me to tell me he wanted to see Jennie's progress because he was thinking about debuting another solo artist if she didn't have a good attitude I got annoyed, so of course I was worried, this was like an ultimatum, I asked him why and he said someone told him she was slacking on her rehearsals, I immediately told him that person was clearly wrong, and I was eager to prove it to him that, he nodded, I gave instructions and everything started, Jennie included a rap part on this song, it wasn't there originally, it seems she worked on it for a few days ago and she was braver enough to add it, even in front of the boss, and I was amazed, just like Mr. Y that looked even more surprised than me.

Everything flowed perfectly, Jennie owned the whole place and the dancers were really motivated, she has such an amazing stage presence, when the song ended Jennie kept her position and then she bowed down.

Mr. Y touched my shoulder slightly  and gave me a palm on my back, he looked at me grinning and Jennie was there waiting with everyone else, he walked towards her and he called me "Lalisa Manoban come here" I walked fast and I stood beside him.

Jennie POV

Mr. Y seemed really serious and he called Lisa by her full name, I looked at her and she was walking faster to reach him.

He just started to applaud to me and to the dancers, "This is what I was sure you could achieve Jennie, you are using your full potential, congratulations to all, you guys  can get some rest, after all you were done for today, thank you, our company is really full of talented people, and I want to talk to you both" He looked at me and Lisa, the latter smiled widely at me and I couldn't stop smiling at her, then I got back to my senses when I heard Mr. Y walking around, Lisa looked at the dancers "Guys great job, I'll see you tomorrow, you are dismissed" she said and everyone started to take their things and leave, you could see all their faces full of happiness, it wasn't usual see Mr. Y in rehearsals and even less congratulate everyone.

Lisa seemed calm but I saw she was fidgeting, "So Jennie I received information about you slacking on your rehearsals", the hell?, I was about to talk back when he raised his hand "Wait, there's more, you need to know that I was really taken aback cause I have been talking to Lisa about your progress, and she only had nice things to say about you, so you see I thought she was trying to cover you up, I know you guys were friends back on your first trainee years, and I hated the idea of someone telling me lies, so I was considering to postpone your debut and send Lisa to another project", when he said that I couldn't stop feeling enraged and sad, I was about to lose my chance, and not only me, Lisa as well, I looked at her and she was really upset but she was trying to keep her coolness.