Hange's Return

<----------------->

<----------------->

"Maybe they weren't coming back"

That sentence ran through my head a hundred times a day. If I had to guess how long it had been since Hange had left, I would say a week or more.

I had found ways to distract myself from loneliness. I would find myself drawing little things in the ground with my finger. I would draw things I had heard, like 'four eyes'. I drew four eyes. I drew all the people I had seen since coming here. Like Moblit, Levi, and the angry looking boy Eren, of course I drew Hange. However, those only lasted a few days before I got bored. I started to mark the days on the wall. Using my nail I would engrave a mark.

Two days ago my skin started to steam. I needed more sleep than normal. The crazier part of it all was that I was smaller. I would have to bend over to be able to fit in this room before. Now I could sit up straight and barely touch the ceiling.

Maybe I was going to evaporate into nothing. Didn't titans live forever? Moblit and Hange did say I was different.

I layed on the ground absolutely exhausted. I listened to the sound of steam, It muffled everything else so I soon found myself in and out of consciousness. You could see every bone on my body now. Every small detail of my figure. I groaned curling up into myself, closing my eyes.

Just go to sleep then you can escape for a few days. You don't have to feel pain if you just sleep.

Before I could enter any sort of dream a loud bang was heard behind me then a scream.

"WAAAAHHH NOT AGAIN!!!"

My eyes shot open at the voice. It was Hange they had returned. I quickly turned my body to the sound of the commotion.

There stood Hange. Their hair was messy as ever but they looked slightly more rested then the last time I saw them. The steam blurred my vision slightly but she seemed in a panic. Tears streamed down their face as their body shook. Hange's eyes widened when I moved.

She came closer to me, wiping her eyes and sniffing.

"I thought something horrible happened to you darling."

My eyes soften Hange had been worried about me.

I felt their hand rest on my nose, "You must be in so much pain."
They cared so much.

It was so new.

"Your steam doesn't burn me either!" She grinned, patting my nose lightly. Hange's face darkened when she looked at my weak figure.

"Hange is everything alright?"

"Look at them Moblit!" Hange cried, hugging my face.

Tears pricked my eyes. Hange cared so much for a titan. Why? I've probably killed people. So why?

"You don't have to cry, Hange is here now darling!" She cooed.

"H..Han...Hange"

Hange shot up and stared at me.

"Did..Did you just..Moblit did you hear that?"

"Yes"

"Darling, can you say it again?"

"H-Hange" I stuttered again.

"You said my name! Moblit they said my name!! My darling can talk!!" She exclaimed, jumping into the air.

"Hange look around" Moblit muttered looking on the ground and walls.

Hange did and their eyes only brightened more.

"Look it's me," They said pointing at the small dirt drawing of themself, "And Levi, Eren, Haha Moblit look it's you!"

"Why do I look so worried?"

"Maybe that's how darling sees you" They laughed, "Look at the walls." She cheered.

"Slashes?" Moblit asked.

"Nope! Talleys of days. Every day I was gone!" They laughed skipping over to me, "Did you miss me that much? Don't worry I missed you a lot too!" Hange smiled.

"I am over j-"

Before Hange could finish their sentence a cloud of steam erupted off my skin. I groaned, and writhed in pain. My nape started to itch and sting.

"Poor thing It's okay, I'm here." Hange whispered, "I'll stay here all night, and tell you about the days I was gone."

That sounded nice so I nodded.

Hange squealed and sat down in front of me.

"Moblit, are you going to stay?"

"Yes, Section Commander" He sighed, sitting down farther away from me.

"Wonderful it's like a sleep over." She beamed, "Did you ever have sleepovers darling?"

I only shook my head.

"Then I'm glad I can join you on your first one!"

Hange really was kind.

Hange rambled on and on about her adventure. It sounded terrible to be honest. She lost many friends to a titan called the female titan. They found out the walls were titans as well.

It was interesting to listen to, but I was tired and found myself only listening to the tones of Hange's voice.

"Hange, I think it's asleep now we should leave." Moblit muttered.

"No way I want to stay"

I heard Moblit sigh, "I'm leaving then, please don't be reckless."

"When have I been reckless?" Hange scoffed.

Moblit muttered a few things under his breath as he walked out. I heard the door shut then a few things being shuffled around.

I opened my eyes slightly, and saw Hange laying down using their jacket as a pillow.

"Did that wake you up? I'm sorry if it did." Hange whispered apologetically.

I closed my eyes again, trying to say they hadn't.

"Hmm that's good" Hange hummed, "You get some rest I'll watch over you." Hange whispered.

A small smile crept up my face. That sounded nice.

Thank you

<------------->

Short chapter sorry!!

They will get longer I promise!!

<3