Ch.I

My eyes opened as we pulled into the rocky driveway of our new home. I quickly jumped out of the car and to the trunk, stumbling slightly as dad popped the trunk. I grabbed my suitcase and quickly walked up the house's front steps and the stairs into my room.
.
" I cleared a few shelves off in the bathroom," Dad said as he put Bellas suitcase in her room.
"Oh right, one bathroom," Bella says with fake excitement, As I throw my suitcase into my room.
I look around my childhood room for the first time in years. There were a few changes.

The doll house in the corner was now replaced with a desk. The bookshelf remained towards the center of the room by the window that looked out to the front yard. There was another window facing the side of the house where I could see the forest's edge and all of its beauty. My bed was in the middle of the room, sheets and a quilted comforter folded neatly on the end of the bare mattress. Dad knew I liked to make my bed a certain way. He was sweet.

It was only a second before Charlie walked into the room
"I hope you don't mind. I pulled out some old blankets from the attic," he said
I smiled and shook my head Dissmisivly
"No, it's great. Don't worry about it."
I said, throwing him a soft smile and sitting on the queen-sized bed.

I smiled as Dad ruffled my hair.
"It's good to have you back, kiddo." He said, smiling down at me.
"Thanks, dad. I appreciate it," I said as he exited the room. I sat there for a moment more to fix my hair before begrudgingly unpacking my stuff.

It was only about 15 minutes before I heard the sound of a truck rumbling to a stop in the driveway. Ultimately putting my unpacking attempt to an unexpected halt. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked out the window to see an old, rusty-looking orange truck in the large empty driveway.
Then a boy who looked about my age gets out of the driver's side and circles around to the passenger door pulling it open.

The boy had long black hair and was noticeably buff and tall. He looked like a supermodel, and a WWE wrestler had a baby on steroids. I didn't stay at the window long enough to see him pull a wheelchair out of the trunk as I was too busy putting on a coat and running outside.

I ran down the stairs and out the door, Bella close behind me. I stood next to her as the long-haired boy looked around for a while before his eyes settled on me.
The long-haired boy locked eyes, and I gave him a soft smile in greeting. He just looked away from what I would assume was his father. Dad quickly spotted us and motioned for us to come closer.
"Girls, you remember, Billy Black,"
Dad asked, motioning to the man in the wheelchair.
"Mhm," I hummed and smiled at him.
"Yeah," Bella said and shook his hand.
"Wow, you're looking good," Bella commented with a smile.
"We'll. I'm still dancing, "Billy replied with a smirk.
I shifted in my spot and looked over at the boy who was now looking between Bella and his father.

I kept my gaze on him for a while; studying his features, I noticed his incisors predominantly show when he smiles. It's cute. It makes him look like a puppy dog, and his eyes were a dark brown almost back but not quite. His eyebrows were thick and black, matching his hair. To me, he was perfect. And that annoyed me.

His brown eyes met mine as we held contact. I looked at my shoes, slightly embarrassed that he had caught me staring at him. and I mentally cursed myself

until Billy started talking again
"I'm glad you girls are finally here. Charlie hasn't shut up about it since you told him you were coming."Billy said, then chuckled as my dad shot him an annoyed look

I smiled at the two. "Alright, keep exaggerating, and I'll roll you into the mud," my dad replied, his cheeks still red.

I chuckled as I shook my head. Now I know where I get it from.
"Not After I ram you in the ankles," Billy says, starting to chase after Dad.
"Yeah, bring it," I heard Billy yell.