ch. 4

[ YEDAM'S ]

this is so dumb.

i am currently regretting all of the decisions in my life i have made which has led me to this current situation. i followed her to the beach and for what reason? i have no idea why. something was just telling me that if i don't follow her i might regret it.

naeun was running around. the beach that was once covered with sand was now covered with snow. she lay down on the snow and started making snow angel making me roll my eyes. "you're going to get sick." i told her as she grinned.

the beach was empty and no one was here except for us. understandable, it was winter but it was better that way. i guess this is what she meant about the luxuriousness of the beach during winter. you can have the beach all by yourself without people disrupting your peace. that is kind of relaxing actually- well, supposed to be but i'm with an extrovert and a hyper person right now who is screaming and giggling as she took pictures of the snow angel she made. i sighed as i sat on a bench and closed my eyes as i let myself feel the cool breeze of the sea hitting my face. even the sound of the waves crashing the shore makes you relax.

well, it was good while it lasted, because all of the sudden it started snowing.

"i've always heard everyone says that snow signifies death and hardships." she started as she sat beside me and started catching snowflakes on her hands. "but i never thought of it that way." she continued as she kick her feet back an forth like a little kid. "it's beautiful, the snow i mean. i always think it symbolizes purity."

"like how it covers everything with pure white flakes it makes everything tranquil." she continued. "don't you agree?" naeun looked at me with hopeful eyes as i shrugged.

"the only thing i love about winter is that i can say goodbye to bugs." i told her as she looked at me unbelievingly. "why would you say that?" she questioned me with the most unbelievable tone she was able to make.

"it's the truth. i don't have to wake up with mosquito bites during winter."

she just scoffed. "can't you at least think of one thing you like about winter besides waking up without bug bites?" this girl is pretty demanding, isn't she?

"no. i hate winter and snow. why? because it's cold."

"so do you like summer?"

"no. it's too hot."

"then what do you like?"

"minding my own business without you asking me for what i like and what i don't."

"your logic is flawless."

"i know."