ch. 6

[ YEDAM'S ]

thank goodness.

we have finally decided to leave the beach. i must admit, it was not half that bad. i would totally do that again- but not with her anymore. i would like to enjoy the beach's luxuriousness during winter all by myself. thank you very much.

while walking to the station, naeun was skipping around like a little kid by the side walk while singing keshi's less of you. immaculate taste, if you ask me.

"i didn't know you listen to keshi?" i commented making her turn around. "hmm? oh, yes i do listen to him. why?"

"i'm just surprised. i never saw you as someone who listens to him."

she dramatically gasped and slapped me in the arm. "i am oddly offended, yedam. keshi's music is for everyone! but yeah, honestly, i don't even know how i started listening to him. all i know is that i love his songs." she shrugged.

"so what's your favorite ep?" i asked.

"bandaids. everything in that ep was amazing. but my favorite has got to be skeletons tho. how about you?"

"skeletons and the reaper are my favorite eps. 2 soon is my all time favorite, less of you is second on my list tie with blue."

"oh! 2 soon is one of my favorites, too! wow, this is the first time we agreed on something. i never thought this moment would come." she chuckled.

never did i and it felt really natural. nothing was force. even though we have a fair share of differences, if i would be honest with how i truly felt, she was not that bad. rather than feeling hate, i felt comfortable around her- which was weird, in all honesty.

"yedam..." naeun started as she faced me. "do i know you?" she asked, making my eyebrow crease. what is wrong with her this time?

"you seem so familiar." she continued, making me stop and causing me to look back at her. she also stopped from her tracks and faced me. "the first time i saw you on the train. everything felt so familiar. your face, your voice and even your grumpy expression. it was like i've known you way before i even saw you at the train station. it's weird because no matter how much i force myself to remember if i have met you before, i can't." she explained. i was left dumbfounded because she took all the words out of my mouth.

"you know what, forget it. maybe i'm just imagining things." she chuckled and started dragging me so we can continue walking.

"me, too." i said as we both stopped walking- again. she then faced me, confusion evident in her face but a hint of hope in it. "what do you mean?"

"you seemed very familiar, too. even though we've only known each other for a day, it felt like i have known you for years." i told her. she was only looking at me, and i too, was just staring at her. what was this sense of familiarity that we were feeling?

we only broke the eye contact after we heard something from a nearby radio said, "the lacuna incorporation which was founded by the neurologist, yang hyunsuk has announced their closing today."

lacuna?