-helpless-

y/n's POV

I look at to sea. She isn't swimming. She is just floating. In my past I have had lifeguard training and I could tell something was wrong. Without thinking, I swam out to sea with the surfboard I quickly grabbed off someone. I caught up to Elizabeth. She was not breathing. With all my strength, I grabbed her and placed her body on top of the board. So I wasn't causing anymore danger to me or her, I brought us to shore.

I shouted for someone to call 999 as I hadn't got my phone with me. They called them and then passed their phone to me. I was panicking, I remembered from my first aid class that I needed to do CPR. 30 chest compressions. 2 breaths. Repeat. 'Hello, my name is Taylor' said the 999 operator. I told her where I was and what was happening. 'Is she breathing?' asked Taylor. 'No, I have assessed the situation and I am now doing CPR' I replied. Help was on the way.

She still wasn't breathing. Tears were spilling down my face. Even though we had basically just met, I felt like I had such a close connection to her. I pounded my fist on her chest, not afraid to break her ribs. 'Whatever, it takes to save her' I thought to myself. She was so pale. Suddenly, she sat up and water spluttered out of her mouth. She was beginning to return to her normal colour. I grabbed her into a hug so she could rest.

Next thing I knew, ambulances and paramedics were surrounding me. They put Elizabeth on a stretcher and took her away. Now I felt like the helpless one. I couldn't do anything more to help. I just have to wait it out and see if she will be okay.

————————————————————————
A/N - thanks for reading :) what will happen next I wonder?