The Most Unwise Thing

For TaeJin Block Party:

"You are my earth and all I see is you."

“We need an heir as soon as possible.”

                Those were the last words the Queen said to Prince Seokjin before she walked away to leave the dining hall. Prince Seokjin stood up and bowed his head to the Queen as she left. He perfectly understood that he can never say no to her. His family is in debt with them and this marriage with her first grandchild Prince Taehyung served as Seokjin’s family’s payment.

                Prince Seokjin met the Queen’s gaze once more when she stopped and looked at the young prince directly on his eyes. A shiver went down his spine, the queen looked at him like she was thinking of something that Seokjin was surely not gonna like.

                “And two more things, Omega. Tame your Alpha. I don’t wat to see him whoring around with your brother he is your responsibility now and as his mate, you have the right to reprimand him. Second, I want to see a mating mark in your neck before the year ends. Am I clear?”

                “Yes, Your Majesty.” Seokjin answered.

                “If you fail to do the last one, you know the consequences. You’ll be beheaded for betraying the family.” Then her gaze softened, “As much as I adore you, my child, you signed that contract made by my late husband and not even I can alter that.”

                In this kingdom, the Queen’s word is the law since the King died. No one can say no. Not the younger princes, not the media, no one. Saying no to her will serve as a death wish, and Seokjin doesn’t want his head served in a silver platter in the next couple of seconds had he said no earlier.

Maybe in the next eleven months, he will have his head leave his body.

                Once Seokjin was certain that the Queen and her bodyguards left, Seokjin loosened his tie and sat on the chair resting his head on the table sighing loudly. He desperately wanted to say no to her earlier. How can she make a cruel request? She knows that Taehyung doesn’t love him, and her grandson loved Seokjin’s brother – Seonghwa – who is unfortunately a Beta that cannot bear a child, thus, the reason why Taehyung is forced to marry Seokjin.

                Seokjin clearly remembered the day of their agreement. Taehyung wept in his arms begging Seokjin to refuse the offer, but Seokjin firmly said that he couldn’t because if he says no, then it’s their father’s life that was at stake. He remembered giving the younger prince a compromise.

                “How much do you love my brother?”

                “So much. I cannot explain.” It was a short answer from Prince Taehyung, but as Seokjin looked in his eyes, he saw truth in them. Prince Taehyung was not one to lie. Seokjin knew a lot of Alpha princes, he already memorized how they tried and manipulated an Omega prince like him using their scents, but here in a narrow alley in the palace, he saw how genuine Taehyung loved Seokjin’s older brother.

                “How about this, we agree to the marriage, but you will not give me a bite nor spend my heat with me. I want us to be married, but your commitment lies on my brother. I will be willing to act as a perfect docile Omega in front of the Queen but promise me, you will never let your relationship with my brother be caught by the paparazzi or we will be doomed.”

                “But what if they wanted an heir?”

                “We’ll find ways. We can always go for IVF. You have connections, Tae. We will just make sure that they won’t reach the queen.”