two|aquemini.

Winnie sat in her dorm eating salad while reading the book she just picked up

Winnie sat in her dorm eating salad while reading the book she just picked up. She had binged watched the whole first season of snowfall before she forced herself to delete the Hulu app so she could focus on the new books she purchased.
She had finished all of her classes for the day and she didn't have to work. So today she was going to and visit her sister and the kids. She planned on leaving in about thirty minutes or so. She was going to bring her laptop and homework just in case she had some free time to complete some work.

"Why don't you just wait?" Winnie said to her friend on FaceTime. She was tired of her always complaining about not finding the right man, after going on countless dates. Jorja was only 23 and was trying to find her husband when she should be living her life and traveling the world kid free and stress free, but that's not what Jorja wanted.

"Because I don't want to. I want to have someone to share these moments with." She stressed.
Winnie rolled her eyes, she was over this and just wanted to turn her WiFi off so the call would disconnect and she could enjoy reading her book for the little time she had left.

"Ok Jorja." Winnie replied taking the small tomato and putting it in the trash.
"Am I being unreasonable?" She asked her friend.

"Yes, do you not realize how young you are?" She emphasized. Winnie's hand started to shake causing the salad on her fork to fly across the room. She sighed getting tired of this. She tried to push her hand under the table so that her phone that was propped up on her desk wouldn't catch it. She decided to wait until it stopped to go and clean the salad up.

"You have so much ahead of you. You are capable of traveling the world and living life. Lots of people regret getting into relationships early because they have a list of new responsibilities that they weren't ready for." She told her.

"You're right." Jorja sighed because Winnie was always right.

"And besides people fall in love when they don't go looking for it." She recited what her father always instilled into her. He didn't want his daughter to go out looking for a dad in everyone she saw because he wasn't there so he made sure to teach her things through letters, phone calls and visits while he was in prison. Winnie thought of him as her best friend and wasn't scared to tell him anything. She couldn't wait to go see him tomorrow.
"I guess you're right." She said combing through her hair.
"Well I'm about to get ready to go." Winnie said. They both said their goodbyes before hanging up.
Winnie loved Jorja but sometimes she just acted as if she knew nothing. She often let men control her and take over her mind  causing her to leave Winnie alone at restaurants, clubs and even at events. Winnie tried her best to teach her friend, but you could only do so much and plus, she was grown.

She cleaned up and got her stuff together before heading to her sisters house. It was about an hour and a half drive so she would be on the road a long time.
She listened to summer Walker on the way.

——