four|aquemini.

Winnie sat down at one of the tables with her refresher and her new book. She was on break for about 30 minutes until she finished the last hours of her shift. Today there was another girl working with her so she wouldn't be so overwhelmed.
"Hello, is Winnie working today?" Demario asked the blue haired girl.
She pointed to Winnie who was playing in her curly hair that she had finally taken out of the cornrows after three weeks. Her head felt free but she still hated the fact that she had to now style it.

"Wassup coffee girl." He greeted her with a smile. She laughed at his energy it was always on ten, he had the best personality always happy and full of life.

"Heey. If you don't stop calling me that." She turned seeing him. He gave her a hug before sitting in the seat across from her. Winnie noticed his tattoos that were on full display due to the short sleeved black tee he wore.

"I came here on Friday and didn't see you, I said she must of started her weekend early or sum." He opened his water and took a sip.

"Yea, I went to my sisters house for the weekend." She replied sipping on her drink.

"How was your weekend?" She asked him.

"It was good, I spent some time with my
daughter." He told her. He watched her face for any change of expression when he mentioned his daughter, many women make a sour face or a surprised face that didn't sit right with him. When he saw that Winnie smiled it surprised him.

"Aww what did you do?" She asked closing her book.

"I had to get her ice cream first because she called herself having an attitude," he explained making Winnie laughed at the way he was telling the story.

"But when I tell you I think I have seen every episode of Doc McStuffins at least three times." He exaggerated.

"That is so cute." She commented.

"Why didn't you get anything to drink?" She noticed him without a cup and wondered why.

"Ima wait until you go back, because everybody can't make drinks like you. I wasted five dollars Friday." He complained.
"Why you wasted it?" She asked curiously.

"That shit was-" he caught his self. He didn't like to curse in front of women and children, it was just how he was raised.

"That stuff was nasty." He showed his
feelings all on his face.

"You being dramatic. But what did you order?" She asked him.

"A regular iced coffee, she didn't add any sugar or nothing. I said I would just get something when you're here." He shrugged.

"What you gon do if I stop working here?" She chuckled.

"That's the day I stop drinking coffee or anything from here." He declared.

"Ok, buddy." She sipped more of her refresher.

"What you reading?" He asked her. She showed him the book.

"Silver sparrow. It's really good." She boasted.

"I might have to check it out." He leaned forward in his chair.

"You like to read?" She asked him. She hadn't met anyone who had loved books as much as she did.

"When I have time I do a lot." He said honestly. He wished he had more free time to do things that he enjoyed but he didn't.

"That's good." She nodded. They continued to talk about everything under the sun. Winnie liked his energy and he always kept her laughing.

Demario's attraction grew for her the more he got to know her, so hearing her talk was like listening to angels sing.