Broken

Days pass as I try my best to avoid Mr Rodriguez and it's now almost a week without seeing him. Today is Saturday and only fashion designers are going to work. Models have nothing to do with creating and displaying our fashion design ideas and starting to make the clothes for those which Mr Rodriguez will accept. I wear a long purple floral dress with a thigh up cut that displays my white long leg, I pair it with black velvet flat open shoes that bring my perfect thin toes to view with black nail polish applied to them and apply some light make up. The weather is very hot and I have to carry a deodorant with me coz I don't want to smell like onions when near my colleagues.
Today brother Deli is taking his wife and kid to the zoo, and so I'll have to take a cab to work, which I'm totally fine with. They've done so much for me I wouldn't ask for more. I arrive at the front of the building twenty minutes later. "Thank you Sir,keep the rest,"I kindly bid the driver as I walk inside the gate. Today I'm in really good moods I must really add. I hum 'Lovemyself ' by BTS as I settle at my desk. I go through some of the designs I spent sleepless nights on. "Hi, good morning,"a sweet voice says. I raise my head to meet an aged but young face. I don't reply until I read the badge on the chest. "Good morning Mrs Rodriguez,"I say shakily as I realize how familiar she looks. I can't put a finger on it but she makes me feel totally odd. Maybe she was part of my past. "Earth to Armor,"she chuckles as I regain my concentration. "Umm! I'm sorry,I was just thinking of what will be the outcome of the day, I'm sorry again Ma'am,"I lie trying to hide my reaction to my feelings. "It's alright dear I know you've worked really hard for this,I know your mom and she's a good woman,she must have raised you to be hard-working as she is,"she compliments as I bow in respect.

She heads to Mr Rodriguez's office and I can feel how much she's important to him. I get back to work and half an hour later we're called in with our designs for the presentation ceremony. I roll in my perfectly covered dress inside the board meeting office. We all take our positions and as you would expect I'm the last in line of eight designers. I watch as Mr Rodriguez rises from his sit and walk towards us explaining to us how the upcoming fashion show is important to him and he won't stand laziness. We all open our designs and wait for our fate. I can see a smile on Mrs Rodriguez's face as she looks at me and this gives me more courage. He finally reaches to my golden princess dress paired with handmade golden inch shoes and a Golden purse. "What do we have here,not only is it a dress but has a shoe and purse as well, interesting!So Miss Aguas ,what inspired your creation of the golden theme at such a grand occasion?Mr Rodriguez asks keenly and dangerously stepping closer to me staring deep into my soul. "My life inspires me Mr Rodriguez,I choose to live golden and stay golden,coz I've made it this far and accept the second chance I've gotten,this golden design stands for royalty,it stands for many years of life,it stands for power!and when struck by light it shines so bright that it leaves you blind."I say holding his stare. He claps and walks back to his chair,"For your bravery,beauty and brains, you're in Miss Aguas,you will design the clothes for the occasion and that dress is what my pretty fiancee will wear because she will be the star of the night,"he finishes and show us the door. I sit down at my table and can't help the pain in my chest. It's like rage that's threatening to burn everything to ashes. I won't wear my own dress,his fucking fiancee is the star of the night not me the designer?how is that, I'm the creator she is the media to show my work, she's nothing as it is without me. I let the anger and frustration build up in me and I find myself banging on Mr Rodriguez's table letting all my thoughts loud. He laughs and from the corner of my eye I can see the business men and Mrs Rodriguez shrink in their seats ready to watch the drama unfold. I totally blew it up"you stupid girl, stupid,stupid!"I lecture myself as I try to find a way to handle the situation before me. But I'm pulled back by hard laughter,one which sounds totally melodic to my ears,"you ask me why? can you look yourself in the mirror first then come to me with such stupidity, you're not even fit to wear my fiance's cheapest dress yet you want to wear my finest chosen dress for the top model of my fashion line?you must be crazy, you're right you're the creator and she is the media for showing your work, and she will be the beauty to bring your golden creation to shine,she is the star that combined with your creation will blind the whole world,"he rests on his chair and looks straight at me"you are not beautiful enough to walk in my top design but you have the hands to create my designs,get out!he States his voice a little bit high and I walk out head bent low as I take in his words. I just couldn't bring myself to react to everything,it was beyond reaction. I walked out and hailed a cub to the nearest bar and sat watching people drink,and to my favour the music was soothing my state. I couldn't even bring myself to drinking moods,I placed the money on the table and left. I decided to walk . it would be more calm, being alone and thinking. I couldn't understand why it seemed like the boss really didn't like me,he even went as far as insulting me in front of the big shots of the fashion world,but again I brought it upon myself but no he caused it all. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that it was already evening and I had left my design drawings at the office so I had to head back. I walked all the way to the office,got in and took my designs but just as I turned to leave,I heard a familiar voice in the office. He hadn't left yet, and curiosity got the better of me so I walked to the door and pinned my ear. I'm totally not an eaves dropper but I didn't know what got into me. "Mother she has to pay for all she did to me,""but do you really have to use her own hard work to bring her down, you'll strip her off even when you've both moved on? please son, don't be so rush."I could make out the female voice as Mrs Rodriguez and the boss. Just then I heard footsteps towards the door and I rushed to the nearest corner."That was close,"I exclaimed as the two walked out hand in hand. I pondered over the issue but see it of no use to me so I packed and left a while later. Days went by I hadn't spoke to or seen the boss and what a relief it was.
While working on my last design one evening I felt a presence behind me. I turned only to find Mr Rodriguez behind me watching my every move. He's watch was like a hawks observing it's prey, there was something about his eyes that seemed familiar, I couldn't help but feel goosebumps all over. "To my office,"he ordered and it hit like lightening I stood up so fast that I hit my ankle on the chair,it was so painful. I calmed myself down and headed to the office. "Miss Aguas,as you requested, you'll wear the top design to the show and the leading model to wear the second design. I was pleased but something didn't seem right about he's too pleasing and favoring behavior.
Months went by and the fashion fiesta came by. I was so excited and tensed at the same time, I've had a premonition for a couple of days to the celebration and I couldn't put a finger on it. "Armor dear don't worry,I know you'll hit it,"ma acknowledged my hard work and gave me the hope I really needed together with the good luck. I gave out a deep breathe I didn't know I was holding. I wasn't feeling quite right, something tagged at my chest like telling me not to go ahead with the ceremony. I wore a simple white dress and brother Deli drove me to the company. I couldn't wait to make the night and be the star of the night together with my creations. "Little sister don't you worry you'll rock the night away,go show them what you got,"he said giving me a warm and comforting hug. "Breath iiiin, and ouuut,iiin and ouuut!"he gave me the best therapy I've had in the short time I've started living as the new me. ""I'll be there in 20,let me drop by the office and take some documents I need,""Okay,, don't be late,bye,"I waved him good bye as I entered the gates. I was welcomed by Mr Rodriguez's P.A who led me to the models' changing rooms to wear my outfit and get my make up done so as we would leave for the grand occasion , the make up artists did thaeir best to make my malnourished face eye catching and style my hair in a way my temple scar was perfectly hidden . I could hear my heart beating so hard in my chest,I tried calming myself down and gathered all the confidence and courage I could get.