Hard Bargain

"I am telling you, once we got these doctors talking,it was a horror show." Callie tells them all as they stand in Derek and Meredith's house.

"Shh. I just got Sofia back down." Arizona says to Callie.

"Oh, and Portland Gen has quotas now.Yeah. It's unspoken, but it's understood that you have to churn out a certain number of procedures." Callie says to them as she hands them a leaflet.

"And no research?" Meredith asks her.

"Nope. Pegasus is only interested in high-volume, high-price-tag procedures.Barely any patient interaction.So no research, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is
we got into medicine to do." Callie says to them.

"Well, we won't let that happen to us here." Derek says to her.

"Oh, yeah? That's what they said at first.And then the people that fought management got fired, and the rest wore down or they left." Callie says to them.

"Now, I don't want to leave.None of us do.You guys, come on. We have to do this.We have to buy the hospital." Callie says to them.

"Hold on." Derek says to her.

"Maybe she's right." Meredith says as Ava nods her head agreeing.

"Just wait.What if we don't want to?" Arizona says as the other four look at them.
-
"I'm sorry. It's never been my dream to run a hospital." Arizona says to Callie.

"Okay, well, you might not have to run it." Callie tries to tell Arizona.

"Cristina should be here." Derek says to his wife.

"I have been texting her." Meredith says to them.

"I just got back to work.And, Derek,you just got your hand back.Don't you want to just work?" Arizona says to Derek.

"Work where?I don't want somebody telling me which patients I can and can't treat." Callie says to them as Ava agrees nodding.

"Or putting a stopwatch on how much time you can spend with them." Ava says to them.

"Yeah, if we ran the place,we could make policy decisions based on experience." Callie says to Derek.

"No offense,but that is a naive way of putting it.
The job is much harder than you think. I wanted it once, and I hated it.We should stay the course.I made a deal with Pegasus that apparently will help the sale." Derek says to them as they all look at him confused.

"What deal?" Meredith asks her Husband.

"Nothing, it's stupid.But maybe that's how we make it work, from the inside." Derek says to them.

"What about Hunt? I mean, he's pushing for the Pegasus sale." Arizona reminds them. "He thinks it's a good deal.So what's he gonna say?"
-
They all continue to argue with each other as Ava stands listening to each of them.

"I have no idea what it's gonna cost to buy Seattle Grace,but I can guarantee you it's more than the four of us have combined. I...That's only $60 million." Derek says to them as they turn to Callie.

"I had some money before all this.I've got about...700 grand I can get to right away." Callie tells them.

"It's true. We have money in the IRA. And we have about..." Meredith says to her husband.