Jukebox Hero

"No, you declared war on Eliza Minnick.We're ready to throw down,and now you're just calling a truce before we even start?" April says to Richard as Ava sat on the bed.

"Okay." Richard says to them as there was a knock on the door.

"Occupied!Come back later!" Jackson and Ava shout at the same time.

"It's me!" Maggie says as Arizona lets her in.

"Richard doesn't want to fight." Jackson tells Maggie.

"What? Why?" Maggie says looking at her father.

"That is not what I said... at all." Richard says trying to defend himself.

"You know what? I'm just gonna call a board meeting, or I'll loop in the Foundation.We'll just go over her head.I'll get her fired." Jackson suggests as Ava shakes her head at him.

"That doesn't sound like nepotism to you since Catherine's my wife and your mother?Wrongful termination.Look, I'm not suggesting we back down.
I'm saying that we need to be smart.Strategic, organized.You just don't rush into battle.That's what gets people killed.I mean, think about Yorktown. Look, we need to make her want to leave.Because she's failing.Robbins?You... You with us? What, rough night?" Richard says to each of them.

"Yeah. Have you heard from Alex?" Arizona says looking at Maggie and Ava.

"No. Nothing.We tried, but we can't figure out where they put him." Maggie says to them as there is a knock on the door.

"Go away!" Ava shouts to them.

"It's Murphy.I-I need Dr. Robbins.There's a laboring mom on her way." Leah tells them.

"Um, tell me if you hear anything, okay?" Arizona says Maggie.

"Mm-hmm." Maggie says as she turns to all of them.

"Uh, what?" April says as they all look at Maggie.

"Oh, you guys haven't heard about Karev?" Maggie says to them as Ava knew he had his trial but what had happened now.
~
"The battle has begun." Richard says to them.

"All right, guys, I've been working on this, um, petition from all of the attendings.We can read it if you want..." Jackson says from beside April.

"No, no, we're past that, okay?I did some recon." Webber says to them as Ava looks at him.

"And?" She asks him wanting to know more information.

"I think Minnick's plan is to go into the O.R.s and turn each attending one by one." Richard tells them.

"Okay." Maggie says wanting to know the rest.

"We never let her in the O.R.We isolate the enemy,
cut off her supply lines, starve her out." Richard tells them.

"Great.Genius." Maggie and April agrees as Ava looks at Jackson who looks unsure.

"What?" Ava questions him.

"It's Dr. Bailey, who I respect and like.Look, she is the first black woman chief we've had at this hospital.I'm not exactly excited to undermine her like this." Jackson says to them as Ava smiles slightly at him.

"Jackson, no one wants this less than I do.This isn't about Bailey.This is about correcting a mistake that threatens our hospital.This is not a Bailey problem.
This is an Eliza Minnick problem.So we lock her out." Richard says to them as they all agree.
~
Ava was checking up on some of her patients as Owen caught up to her. "Hey have you seen Amelia? She left last night with only a note." Owen asks as Ava turns to him.

"No I haven't from her since yesterday. It's Amy she'll turn up soon. Did something happen between the both of you?" Ava asks still not getting answers out of Amelia.

"Uhh it's fine but if you hear owt let me know." Owen says as Ava nods her head as he heads off.
~
Ava got a call from the preschool as mark wasn't too well she had rung Amelia to go pick him up. "Hey hows he doing?" Ava asks down the phone to her sister.

"Yeah I've give him some medicine and he's in bed it seems to be just a stomach ache and little temperature but I'll keep an eye on him don't worry." Amelia says hearing the worry in her sisters voice.

"Thanks Amelia I appreciate it and call me when he wakes up I want to talk to him." Ava says to her.

"Yeah I will do now go save some lives and keep me updated on the family." Amelia tells her.

"I will do love you bye." Ava says as she hands up the phone as it goes off as Bailey had ordered a meeting for all attending's.
~
Jackson had message Ava and said everyone was missing the meeting she had decided to grab the twins and head home to mark as she wanted to check how he was doing.

Ava placed the twins in from of the couch as they were crawling around now as mark was laid with Amelia on the couch. "Hey baby how you feeling?" Ava asks him as she looks at her son.

"My tummy hurts mommy." Mark says quietly and Amelia gives him some more medication as Ava lays beside him.

"I know baby I'm here okay and you'll feel better soon. Get some rest little man." She says as she kisses his head as he falls asleep.

"Hey i can bath the twins and put them to bed if you want to stay with mark?" Amelia offers as Ava looks up at her.

"Yeah that's would be great thanks Amy." Ava says as Amelia picks up the twins as she takes them upstairs to get them ready for bed.

Ava put on one of Marks favourite movies as she sat stroking his hair as he laid on top of her asleep as Ava watched the tv.