I Bet It Stung

Ava was now 17 weeks into her pregnancy and everyone was now aware of the new baby Avery on the way. Ava had spent the last two weeks in New York as she had been teaching and helping on a case.

Ava finished unpacking her things as Jackson had just got home as she had taken a later flight to check on her patient this morning before she flew back.

Ava walks downstairs as Jackson sees her as he smiles at her as he rushes over and kisses her as she smiles kissing him back.

"Hey."Ava says as she rests her head against his as Jackson begins kissing her as he lifts her up causing Ava to giggle as he carries her upstairs to their room.
-
"How was New York?" Jackson says to Ava as he play with Ava's hair while one of his hands rests on her bump as she rests her head on his chest.

"It was good getting to teach and the surgery I had to  do was this 17 year old kid I helped him walk again it was amazing but I missed you." Ava tells him about her two weeks as she kisses him as he kisses her."How's it been here?" She asks him.

"The same as always the interns are getting ready for their intern exams and April has been talking all about her wedding I think she's excited and Richard seems to be improving." Jackson says to her as she smiles at him. "How's this little baby doing?" Jackson asks her with his hand still resting on her small bump.

"The 16 week ultrasound was good the baby is healthy and has a strong heartbeat and looks to be developing perfectly." Ava tells Jackson as she kisses him on cheek as she grab a picture off of her bedside table as she gives it to him.

"Wow our baby looks almost like an actual baby this time." Jackson says as he looks at the scan photo as Ava laughs as she pushes him out of their bed as he laughs too.
-
"What have we got?" Owen asks Ava as he walks into the trauma room with Callie.

"Her name is Reese Woods, 22.Hang gliding over tiger mountain,B.P.'s 100/70, open tibia fracture,
and complains of abdominal pain." Ava tells him as she continues to treat the patient.

"Can I say, "I told you so," now, Reese?" One of the patients family says as the three look at her.

"Who's this?" Callie asks as she looks at Ava.

"Oh, that's Donna. She's the sister." Ava tells her.

"Mm." Callie nods.

"Although she acts like she's my mother." Reece tells them as she looks at Donna.

"I am not doing this again.I'm not watching you try to kill yourself." Donna says to Reece.

"It's just a little break. Don't be so mad." Reece chuckles to her sister.

"Okay, this isn't bone.This is a rod. When did you have this rod put in?" Ava asks as Callie checks to as the both look at the patient.

"This March. She broke it heli-skiing in New Zealand.She's also broken, uh, both forearms,lost a kidney, dislocated her shoulder." Donna tells the three surgeons.

"Wow, you really do have a death wish, huh?" Callie says to her.

"I guess I'm just making up for lost time." Reece tells them.

"I'm seeing a lot of free fluid in Morrison's pouch.We're gonna need to get her up to C.T. stat." Owen tell them as Ava nods at him.
-
"This rod caused a lot of bleeding.We're gonna be here a while." Ava tells them as she and Callie tend to the patients leg.

"I hope you don't have plans with your girlfriend, Hunt." Callie says to Owen.

"She's not my girlfriend." Owen says to the three women.

"She baked you banana bread and brought it to you at work." Callie tells them.

"Oh You're practically engaged." Ava says to him as he looks at both of the Ortho surgeons.

"Matthew brought me breakfast burritos, and now we're getting married.Just saying." April says to the three of them.

"Damn it.The superior pole of this kidney is almost completely avulsed, and the pedicle is gonna need some repair.You think the sister's prepared to consider donation?" Owen says as he looks at Callie.

"She can't seem to say no." Callie says to him.

"Dr. Torres?" Shane says as he walks in.

"Hmm?" She mumbles as she looks up at him.

"Dr. Grey is going into surgery.She wants to know if you can pick up her kids at 3:00.She said to mention promising Zola a princess tea party?" Shane says to her.

"Tell her I'll be out of here by... 6:00." Callie tells him.

"So she can't say no." Owen says to Callie as Ava watches the two confused.

"Oh, my god. You're right.I need to get a life.You know what?Maybe I should kick Arizona out and move back into my place." Callie says as April speaks up.

"But she needs the elevator.And it's right across
the street from the hospital, which is perfect for her.
We drank three bottles of champagne and puked.It bonds you." April says as Callie nods as Ava and Owen watch them.

"Mm-hmm." Callie hums in response.

"Plus it's already been retrofitted to be handicap-accessible." April tries to tell Callie.

"Kepner..." Owen says to April.

"I'm shutting up." Ava says to him.

"No, no. Look at the kidney.We're gonna need some lapsAnd a vascular clamp. Kepner, get the 4-0 prolene stitch." Owen tells her.
-

Ava walks out of the scrub room as she sees Jackson,Stephanie and Catherine sat awkwardly as they prepared for a surgery as Jackson sees her as he walks over and kisses her lightly on the lips as she smiles at him.

"What's going on that looks more tense then the surgery with April and Callie talking about Arizona?" Ava asks Jackson.

"My mom walked in on Walker and Edwards in an on call room." Jackson says to Ava as a smile appears on her lips as she holds back on laughing.

"Well good luck with that I should get back to the E.R."Ava says as kisses Jackson again and heads down to the E.R.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N- There will be a time jump between this chapter and the next because this chapter in based around early July as I will be skipping one of the episodes because I can't fit Ava into it so it'll be the Halloween episode which takes place at the end of October so Ava will be a lot later in her pregnancy around 30 weeks.