𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐈𝐈

peep this art of mark + mc by grayscale2001 !! I absolutely adore it, I hope you guys do too!!! thank you sm for your patience :)

What A Teacher's Salary Does To A MF

•••

Cecil had given me a new watch just a couple days ago.  Considering there were no more guardians, there was no longer a need for one to call everyone to HQ or otherwise.  Instead, this watch was meant to communicate strictly between Cecil and I. 

There was no big ceremony for it or cool reveal.  The package appeared in my mailbox three-to-five business days after it had been sent, and inside was a new watch that looked exactly like my old one.

After playing around with the interface, I learned it had hardly changed at all.  The only differences were 1. the Spotify premium feature and 2.  the rechargeable teleportation device.

Inside was a note, written in rough handwriting that read 'Don't be late'. 

Message received loud and clear.

I had to admit it was disorienting the first few times I used it.  The first time, I was out of commission for the next ten minutes thinking I was going to lose my lunch.  If I was going to be completely honest, it still made me feel a little off kilter.  The sensation of moving completely through space was unlike any I'd ever felt, and I had to imagine the closest thing to it would be  learning how to fly.

Thanks to Cecil's little device, I made it to the scene just as Invincible and Atom Eve arrived. With time to spare, even, allowing me to catch my bearings as they flew in.

The scene in question appeared to be some random, nondescript house not too far from the heart of town. It was small and brown, looking like some average Joe's place he could come back to after his 9-5 to spend time with his wife and kids. No obvious strange activity. Nothing that looked remotely like an evil lair or disturbance.

As I approached the other two heroes, Eve shot me an apprehensive look. "Did Cecil tell you why we're here?"

"Nothing more than a location," I remarked, lifting my wrist to display the coordinates blinking on my watch.

"Great.  Robot said something about a weapons engineer located in the area," Eve began to explain, her eyes wandering around our immediate area. "Have you noticed the kids going missing?"

"What would they have to do with weapons?" I asked, my face scrunching in confusion.

"Remember a while back when the mall was bombed?  It was never re-opened as a case because it was some strange one-off.  Apparently Robot found the guy."

"And?"

"Well, you know our physics teacher, Mr. Hiles?" Eve remarked. She paused for dramatic effect. "It was him."

"No way.  That guy?  He barely teaches the class," Invincible exclaimed in disbelief.

I had to agree with him on that one. I'd never been one to dislike the man, but his teaching skills had something to be desired. I couldn't recall a single thing I learned all year. I guess his bomb designing skills must be a bit better.