Chapter 26

Chapter 26: A bad news and horrible news?

    Upon the arrival of Chiron, Jason expected that he would be lectured on agreeing on a stupid challenge. The result of the challenge from the kid was embarrassing. Jason regretted agreeing. He shouldn't have. Peeping was bad. He knows it. But he reasoned to himself that he agreed because he wanted to stop the kid from peeping. But the imaginary devil on his shoulders got ahold of him. The kid said that he was a coward and a loser didn't that also help of his fall into temptation. Gulping at that time and preparing to take a little peak, Jason took a look.

Just a little.

Just a little.

That is what he said. But what has he seen has forever scarred him for life. It wasn't the view of a bountiful valley that was also known as boobs that were waiting for him to ascend in a paradise. It was the view of the pits of Tartarus that welcomed him. It was a sight of hard and bulging muscles..and a view of ————— Jason wanted to erase the image with holy water. He needed brain bleach. It's no wonder that Jason lost the match for the very first time. He fainted on the spot the moment that the sight was ingrained in his brain. He hasn't even lasted for a minute, unlike the kid who has managed to take a look for more than 2 minutes before looking like that he would puke on the spot.

He should pity the kid since he last longer. But Jason decided to remove the pity and sympathy that he felt for the kid. He thought that the kid would have experienced more mental trauma than he was. Damn that kid! He decided to spread the rumor of him peeping and fainting as a result. He even embellish the fact that it was a very beautiful lady that they saw in the bath and not a macho man! Jason becomes a source of amusement. He became officially became one of the laughingstocks in Athens because of that rumor that the kid has intentionally spread. He has already lost his title as the champion for the academy and now he was made a fool who would faint if he have seen a view of a nude lady. Jason wasn't a damned repressed man from a Victorian Era! He was a millennial who now lived in ancient times. But that doesn't mean that he would lose all the things dirty and heinous that the internet has to offer. He has watched various porn on the internet and read a lot of doujinshi. It was humiliating. Jason dreaded what would happen to him when the rumor reached Chiron.

But upon his arrival, he didn't expect Chiron to wear a solemn and melancholic look on his face. He should be giving him a disappointed look and proceed to lecture him on how he shouldn't peep, morals, integrity, and respect someone's privacy.

He wasn't supposed to look sad and accompanied by Aristaeus and the girl with him looking unsure of himself for the current situation since the first time that he met him.

Jason has no choice but to initiate a conversation since Chiron was just looking at him silently and sadly.

" I know that what I did was wrong... But I have no choice but to accept the challenge! I'm sorry that I did something wrong! "

" Diomedes.. "

Finally, he got a response.

" I'm the one who should apologize to you. "

But Chiron wasn't supposed to be apologizing to him. Before he can say something, Chiron decided to ask him.

" Would you like to hear what would I say here or would you like privacy Diomedes? "

Jason looks around where there are a few people in the distance on the streets. There was also Aristaeus and the lady with him who was staying as a bystander. Why should they need privacy if he was already a laughingstock? Jason stared again at Chiron's expression. Maybe, it wasn't the rumor and the peeping that this conversation is about. Jason realizes that Chiron is talking about something different. Jason narrowed his eyes. He wanted to know what it is.

" It must be something very important. Then, I would want to have it said to me, privately. "

Aristaeus and the lady stared at him intensely.

" And maybe.... with Aristaeus and the lady— "

" My name is Autonoë, Diomedes. "

"  and lady Autonoë accompanying us. "

" Since it was a private thing, we wouldn't want to get between you honorable Chiron. We would just want to say our important message. We would leave after saying the message."

Chiron inclined his head towards Autonoë. Then, they followed him as he led them towards their home in Athens. While they were walking towards their house, Aristaeus and the lady decided to tell Jason what they have come here and their intention.

" It was a bad time that I would tell this message on you. Chiron appears to have a great burden on his shoulders like Atlas carrying the weight of the world,  but I must carry on and say it. "

Aristaeus look at him seriously and glance at Autonoë with a besotted expression on his face. On the other hand, Autonoë was doing the same expression towards Aristaeus. Jason's face became blank. He was familiar with that expression. It was a look that his parents give each other. And he would always see that kind of expression around during Valentine's day on those loving and cutesy disgusting couples while they feed him dog food and the other single dogs filling them with bitterness, hate, resentment, and jealousy.

Now, Jason was experiencing it again. Even he was in the body of a 9-year-old child. How dare Aristaeus broke the non-existing bro code that they had?

" I want you and Chiron to attend our wedding after you take care of the matter that Chiron would say to you. Our wedding would happen 3 weeks later. "

Jason staff that he was carrying with him all time has made a harsh resounding thunk sound on the ground as he stopped walking.

" I would be happy if you would attend Diomedes. "

Aristaeus flashed him a smile.

" Just think of it as repayment for introducing you to magic and all of the lessons that you learned from me. "

After that, he and Autonoë left him alone with Chiron once they arrive at his and Chiron's home in Athens for the past two years.