Chapter 44

Chapter 44: First Stop: Lemnos

     On the mountain of Olympus at Aphrodite's abode. The son of the goddess of love was currently accompanying his mother who was watching her current champion's journey.

Eros was surprised when he learned that his mother decided to bless her current champion with more than an object that was blessed with her divine authority. Her champion was given by his mother an ability.

For her to do that, Eros doesn't understand her intentions until she explained her current fondness for her champion. Aphrodite the Goddess of Love was known to have several affairs whether it was gods or mortals. In her tales of fondness towards mortals, it was known that sometimes, her mother likes to gift the mortals with divine objects. It was a very rare occurrence for Aphrodite to give more than that as her fondness toward mortals eventually wanes off.

But to think that the current mortal that she was fond of was blessed with an ability that was related to her authority, her current champion was desired by his mother very much.

Being fond of her current champion. Looks like she wouldn't even spare a child in his selfish desires.

" before the moment I decided to meet him, I know that there is something unusual about my current champion."

The way that the current champion was described with so much fondness. Eros doesn't know whether he should pity or be envious of his mother's champion.

" Apollo and Athena have gone and blessed him. But Hermes wasn't someone who usually cares for his descendants. Them being interested in what's mine— It's interesting, isn't it? Athena wouldn't bother herself with my affairs and business. "

It is the truth that the Goddess of Knowledge doesn't particularly care about her mother's affairs with mortals and her deals with them. But this time it was different. The Goddess of Knowledge inserted herself into a deal that she wasn't supposed to interrupt. Going as far as to watch over his mother's current champion in the disguise of an owl.

" Them being interested in my champion, pique my interest. I decided to see my champion for myself. And I wasn't disappointed.~ Ah, to think that my current champion reeks of the most elusive spawn of the Titaness Nyx. How interesting! "

Eros at that time decided to ignore how his mother quivered in pleasure as she described her current champion.

" Ah, his heart! It was very fascinating! He looks so sweet and respectful. But he was reeking with so much caution and wariness towards me! Did I do something wrong to him, my child? I want to know... I also want to know why he was sealing his origins when it was useless. Ah, it seems my champion is blind in some aspects. I hope with my blessing, he would realize his errors and naivety. I want to watch him fumble around and bring me entertainment. "

His mother is a lustful creature.

" Once he grows of his naivety, I want to reap and partake a bite of him. "

His mother's love wasn't a good thing.

Aphrodite who was currently watching her champion's journey glanced at Eros and muttered.

" My child, once they have set the anchor to Colchis remember your duty. "

Eros nodded his head slightly. The black wing on his back moved slightly.

Even though she was fond of her current champion, Aphrodite winning the deal against Poseidon is more important than her affection towards the mortal.

Aphrodite doesn't want to lose against Poseidon because of her desires. She would willing to use any means so that she can win and make the spawn of Poseidon suffer to desecrate her temple.

Willing to use anything.  And even ordered her son to shoot the young daughter of King Aeetes of Colchis so that it could help Diomedes further towards his success in acquiring the Golden Fleece in the future.

Even though Diomedes and his crew were already capable of acquiring the Golden Fleece themselves.

------------------------

     The Euda's supply isn't limitless. Even with less crew on this ship than in the original myth of the Argonauts, Jason need to stock up their supplies so they wouldn't end up hungry on their journey.

It should last more, but Jason hasn't taken into consideration how large the appetite of some members of the crew is. (Especially the Heracles Group)

It would ideal for Jason to just keep going but since their supply is nearly drying out, the Euda needed to stop on that island and restock their food supply.

But their first stop on an island isn't a place that Jason was looking forward to. He was dreading their arrival in this place.

He doesn't know how much things would change since his search for the golden fleece has been pushed forward for years.

" There it is, the Island! "

Argus shouted as he spotted the glimpse of their first stop in the distance.

" Prepare to land everyone! "

Arrestor also shouted. Jason felt his heart beating loudly when the silhouette of the island came into their sight.

Clenching his staff given to him by Apollo, he hopes that their journey to this island would be different from the myth.

" Hmmm, you seemed nervous Diomedes? Is there something wrong? "

Aristaeus approached him with concern etched on his face. Jason sighed and his grip on the staff was relaxing a little bit.

" I am worried. That's all. "

" There's more to it than being worried, isn't it? "

It's true. But Jason was unsure how he could elaborate on the situation. If ideal, Jason likes to finish his journey as soon as possible. And he was concerned that on this first trial, they would last in this place for more than a few days.

Jason doesn't have much patience to remain on that island for a long time. And on the other hand, he was also worried about the residents of this island.

" We're approaching the island of Lemnos! "

Pollux then informed them.

At the name of the island, Jason shuddered remembering the reason why he was worried about it.

The residents of this island were cursed by Aphrodite. And he hoped that by being blessed by Aphrodite, they wouldn't hold a grudge against them.