𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

╰┈➤ "You're what?" he asks while holding the pregnancy test, "When did you find out?"

"Yesterday.. Sakura brought them to me." you smile at how happy she was and endlessly supportive. "I know it's early and we're not exactly ready—"

"We're not." he states firmly and it makes your heart sink at what he could possibly say next.

"But we will be, come sit." Shikamaru sets the test to the side and pats his lap for you to get comfortable on. You lay your head against his chest and watch his hand rubbing your leg soothingly. "Were you scared to tell me? Is that why you didn't want me to come home?"

You nod slowly and avoid the eye contact he was trying to have, "I mean a kid is a lot of responsibility and you just started managing your own business, I don't even have a job. I just don't see—"

"Who says you have to get a job? It clearly only stresses you out more so don't worry about getting one." he says confidently and you open your mouth to respond but he beats you to it, "Baby, I have enough money for us to live more than comfortably.. If you really want a job then go ahead or just be a sexy housewife." he grins and lifts your chin to kiss you slowly.

Shikamaru readjusts you to be straddling him, "I'm going to be a totally different person. I'm talking cravings, mood swings— not to mention my body." you mumble and look down.

"You're perfect and carrying our child only adds to that." he reassures and lifts your shirt up unexpectedly, "Hello." he pokes it as you laugh a bit, "I'm Shikamaru Nara, your father."

"They're not a business client." you giggle and poke a little as well, "But hi." you rub the middle with your pointer. "There's a baby Shika.." you whisper, it felt surreal.

"Our baby." he hums and pulls you closer to hug you tightly as if you'll disappear at any second.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

The next morning after throwing up for two hours you and Shikamaru meet his parents for brunch.

"Mimosas?" his mother looks up while you and Shikamaru make eye contact.

He clears his throat and you take a long sip of water, "We actually have something to—"

"You're pregnant." Yoshino looks between the two of you and notices how you've basically stopped breathing, "Really?" she smiles brightly.

"I am." you nod and smile back at her, "We don't know how far along yet but multiple tests came back positive two days ago." Shikamaru holds your hand under the table and squeezes it comfortingly.

His father gives a small smile and nods, "Good job son." His wife had been swearing up and down all morning about you being pregnant after a dream she had and he knew she was right. "I'm happy to see you so ready for fatherhood.. and motherhood, y/n. You two will be exceptional parents."

"Thank you." you speak first, it felt nice to have both of his parents support on this big change.

Shikamaru nods, "Thanks dad."

"You'll have to come over more y/n! I know Shikamaru works long hours and I would hate for you to spend a lot of time alone during these highly emotional couple of months." Yoshino looks at you with care in her eyes and it warmed you, "Even if it's just to share a meal, don't be shy."

"Of course, thank you." you grin and look at Shikamaru who was blankly staring at his half empty glass, "Everything ok?" you ask closely when his parents begin to talk more about their grandchild.

"Yeah.." he looks down at the menu, "Do you know what you want?" Shikamaru removes any contact from your body which was confusing.

"No, not yet."

The rest of the time it feels like he's miles away, physically and emotionally.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

"I'm going to take a nap." you say after silently watching tv for a few hours and begin walking into the bedroom while Shikamaru stays quite some more. "Are you coming too?" you ask when he yawns.

"I think I'll crash on the couch or something." he shrugs and lays on your couch, "Let me know if you need anything." is all he says before closing his eyes.

I need you to tell me why you're acting so weird.

"Ok."

Tears begin to well up in your eyes, holy shit I'm two days pregnant and I'm already out of control with my emotions? you shake your head when starting to change into sweatpants and sweatshirt, both Shikamaru's.

As you fall asleep Shikamaru opens his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"I'm happy to see you so ready for fatherhood." 

Was he ready though? This is the girl he cheated on his girlfriend with.. how can he be so sure that this was meant to be? He knows he loves you endlessly but there was still doubts swarming his mind about all the ways this could end like the pervious. Now he was determined for that to not happen.

He was having a child with the woman he actually loves.

Shikamaru sits up silently and walks into your bedroom, watching you sleep peacefully for a few seconds before grabbing his keys and driving somewhere to get the comfort he needed.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

When waking up it was dark and you knew it had to be multiple hours since taking your nap. Lazily you walk into the living space and see Shikamaru's spot empty. You stare for a few seconds, you don't remember him waking you up and telling you that he was leaving. Checking your phone you don't see any messages from him, it was already ten pm.

Casually you text him once and wait a few minutes before calling him twice and it went instantly to voicemail. Your breathing begins to get raged when remembering all the times Shikamaru forwarded Temari's calls because he was with you.. could he? No.. no.. but you begin crying and think of the worst-case scenario. 

Instead of crying alone you grab your keys and drive somewhere to get the comfort you needed.

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

"I know it's late and not exactly sharing a meal but can we sleep here tonight?" you ask Yoshino while holding a pillow and blanket.

She instantly welcomes you in and notices your puffy eyes, "Of course, come in come in."

"I-i'm sorry but you're right, I don't want to be alone." you wipe the small tear and take a seat next to her on the couch.

Shikaku comes in with a cup of tea, "I'm going to kill Shikamaru."

₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ˟̑**̑˟̑ෆ.₊̣̇

on another note.. i <3 getting y/n pregnant with rich bd's.