interrogation

Author's note~~~~~~~~~~~~~~sorry i haven't updated in awhile guys

Author's note
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry i haven't updated in awhile guys...my hamster got out of the house and ran across the street where he got hit by a car...and when my uncle tried to save him he got hit by the same car...my family has been grieving for months over these losses which had caused my mother to slip into a deep depression...we've been trying to get her to go to a therapist but she believes that the bee movie is her only needed medication...please pray for us #worship and pray. Also I might change the love interest farther into the book from Mike to who ever.

Recap

So here I am, standing in the basement of the Wheeler's, wearing nothing but a large sweatshirt and lounging shorts. Facing my childhood friend group.

With a nervous smile and sweaty palms, I gave an awkward wave and spoke "uh, hi guys..." I dragged out.

~~~~

The feeling of nausea swirled in my stomach, a nervous scratch clawed at my dry throat. Everyone's eyes bore into me, tearing my appearance apart with perplexity.

Within a flash, I was engulfed in a jumble of arms, stumbling back before catching myself. My eyes frantically scanned my surroundings, not catching what was happening in such a short span of time.

She saw that the group had her in a group hug, squeezing her tightly as if she would disappear again if they let her go. The over lapping voices made her head spin. When the hug was pulled apart, the teens eyes were almost tipped over in tears, only to be erased in several blinks.

"Where were you?"
"What happened?"
"We tried telling people you didn't die, but they didn't believe us"
"They treated us like we were gonna break"
"Why are you dressed like that?"
"Are you ok?"
"Did you use your powers?"
"What happened to your house?"
"We really missed you"
"The kids at school are acting like they were friends with you" max rolled her eyes as she folded her arms and mocked the fake stories the teens at school would tell under her breath
"What are your powers?"
"What happened that night?"

My eyes locked with Mike's, his accusing eyes glared into my tired ones. I squinted at him, one eye twitching in annoyance at his impatient questions. Will could sense the tension and spoke up "so..it's great to see your ok. We all missed you" he smiled and earned a slanted line from me.

"She is going to be under protective custody until we figure out what exactly happened" Hopper spoke up, gaining all of our attention. I glanced at the floor, thinking about how this news will affect my uncle, before looking back at Hopper and nodding.

"I have to tell Steve" Dustin hurried up the stairs and out of sight in the blink of an eye, to Hopper's annoyance and he yelled up the stairs "no one else is to know about her until other wise said" he turned his gaze towards the group "got it?" He pointed a warning finger at us. All of us nodded quickly.

We all sat in silence, not knowing if any comments would be to awkward or uncomfortable to answer. I glanced up at the boy with a messy bowl cut, as if he had run his hands through it too many times.

He was staring right back at me, eyes squinted, seeming to be in thought. I raised a questionable eyebrow, looking over his disheveled figure. Loose clothing just barely hanging off him, fidgeting fingers, the bags under his eyes nearly taking over his bright face, seemingly fake. I guess it was fake enough for no one having questioned his appearance till now.

I cracked a short smile at him, knitting my brows together in sympathy. His sorrowful eyes flashed with panic before looking away quickly, now focussing on his intertwined hands fumbling anxiously. Max slowly walked up to me and sat next to me, shoulders pushed forward and pressed against her jaw "hey" she slants her head "i know it's a stupid question, but are you ok?" I glanced down before letting out a huff. I haven't really been able to think about it with a clear mind. Thoughts were rushing through my mind about everything that's gone down in the past few months, or even past few days.

Against my thoughts, I looked over Max's sweet eyes and answered "yea. Just...a lot, ya' know?" I shrugged. She nodded "yea, I get it" we sat in silence for a few seconds, before she moved a stray piece of hair from her ponytail and shifted her gaze to met mine "we've missed you, ya' know" her soft voice nearly broke at the memory of hearing about our house fire and thought I was dead "a lot" she chuckled softly.

She relayed the continuous arguments the group had gotten in after the knowledge of her being dead, the group was between going out and looking for her and grieving through the young girls death. All I could do was bod and listen to the horrible words thrown around in the arguments.

A normal person would leave the group after the first quarrel, but these teens aren't normal, they stick through with each other thick and thin, through every disagreement they always keep to their word on the drawing of first blood. They were a tough group. I almost felt jealous of the strong bond they held as a group. I wanted that. What they had.

The voices in my head were screaming at me about not trusting anyone, almost reeling my head in. I nervously bit at my nails, my leg unconsciously bouncing at more negative thoughts ran through my head. Dustin came down in a flurry as a proud toothy smile spread across his lips "Steve is almost here" he cheered, bouncing up and down whilst clapping his hands together lightly.

I wonder how Steve is going to react to seeing me, will he ask me what my uncle was talking about? Will he yell? Scream? Cry? Laugh? I'm not sure if he will be ok. Max explained earlier that Steve has been a wreck ever since hearing about what happened. I couldn't help but feel bad about what I put him through. I could have just told someone about what was happening. But who would believe the word of a 16-year-old girl over a man. I'm so stupid for making this so more problematic for everyone.

Dustin almost forgot that he didn't do much of anything when I magically reappeared, as he ran over to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. The force nearly knocked me over, but I luckily held my balance and gripped back onto him, bending down to dig my head into the crook of his neck. The familiar scent of musketeers and pudding flooded my nostrils. I never realized that i would be comforted by the subtle scents mixed together.

Our hug was interrupted my a furious knocking on the door from upstairs. The door being opened, by who I presumed to be karen and we heard a quiet conversation before quick footsteps traveled down the hallway towards the basement door. Fast feet tumbled down the stairs, before Steve "the hair" Harrington came into sight. It was is as if everything froze and played in slow motion, his eyes met mine and his eyes glassed over in revelation. Dustin reluctantly pulled away to give us way.

In a dash I was running towards Steve, wrapping my arms around his waist and digging my face into his chest, quietly sobbing. My tears soaked a wet patch into his shirt. He held onto me for dear life. Like if he let me go, I would be taken away again.