broken

Recap

When I was done, I slowly made my way into my room and put on the most covering clothes I had. I locked my door and made my way into my bed, huddled under the covers, staring at the door on high security.

I slowly fell asleep from how exhausted I was. I heard the static of my walkie-talkie and a voice coming through it. "y/-...are...we..worried..." it was choppy as my brain didn't process the whole sentence, as I fell into unconsciousness.....

Present day

It's been a couple weeks since the dance and the.....incident, I haven't been able to go out for the longest time, I just started going out a while ago. But I've been locking myself in my room every day, running straight home after school. I just couldn't face anyone, even if they didn't really do anything. I just felt like I had disappointed everyone.

I've been having random outburst when I did see them, I've also been more paranoid than usual, always looking over my shoulder. Being on edge has taken a huge toll on me, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

My uncle makes very often snide remarks towards me when he sees me, or I would hear him and his friends talking about me when I would lock myself in my room. It was once my secluded safe space, but even my room doesn't feel like mine, nothing does. I feel like I lost control of everything, even myself.

Hearing the sound of void silence and screaming emptiness as I woke up to see the darkness of my room, looking over to my window I saw the subtle rise of the sun peaking through the cream white curtains. Laying on my side, waiting to fully wake up, the deafening silence blasting against my eardrums.

With a fully functional brain, I slowly sat up, exhaling a shaky tone. The weight of the floorboards creaked beneath my bare feet. The feel of the Oakwood against my feet sending a shivered shock through my b/s (body size) figure.

Opened the sliding door to my closet, and my eyes scanned over the array of tops. My eyes locked on a baggy beige jumper with maroon, greens and blues striped horizontal lines, I tucked just the bottom hem of the jumper into mom jeans, I cuffed the ankles of the mom jeans slightly showing the red top of my socks and to finish it off I put on my white Adidas.

Quietly Rushing into the bathroom after checking the clock on my side table, I didn't have alot of time, (putting my h/c hair up and teasing the front/bangs of my hair making it feathery).

Heading out of the bathroom, I saw the rollerblades patiently waiting for me, I grabbed them and my bag, sneaking out of the window. I sat on the sidewalk, tying the laces, placing my Adidas in my bag til' I got to school.'

The way was peacefully quiet as I forgot my Walkman in the rush of the moment. Watching the murky sun rising over the pink, orange, yellow, and blue hues of the sky, it captivated me. Hawkins middle came into view, making my anxiety pick up.

Everyone's been trying to contact or talk to me everytime they saw me, I mean Steve, and the grown ups have even hopped on the band wagon, Nancy wheeler surprisingly walked up to me when I was in the library to get away from my uncle and do my homework peacefully, I still remember the conversation, even with having a bad memory.

Flash back brought to you by our very own Tom Holland

The sheet of science work from Mr. Clarke lay in front of me, I (was/wasn't) good with science, so I was (flying/struggling) through these questions.