running

Recap from the last chapter

Run out of the house, I looked back to see the fire traveled angrily through nearly the whole house. Running into the forest behind my house, an anxious feeling building up in my chest. Looking up I caught the moon slowly rising, nearly over the horizon. I didn't know what I was gonna do now, but I needed to find a place to sleep.

~~~~~~~

My blood pounded in my ears as I couldn't stop running. It felt like i've been running for weeks. The midnight air pricked and scratched at my throat, causing a retched soar cough to force itself past my lips. The stinging from the open gash in the side of my head matted my hair and dried up against the side of my face.

After I ran from my house, I've been running through the forest and taking hideout in trees when I hear any sort of alarming sound. Not looking where I was going, a sharp piece of littered glass seeped into my foot "gah, damnit" I cried out, immediately bending my leg to bring it into my eyes sight.

The area around the gash grew swollen and an angry dark color against my (s/c) skin "fuck" a mumble tumbled through my lips. Quickly glancing over my area I could see I was pretty deep into the woods and that a big trunked tree was near me.

Limping to an open spot to lean against the tree, I huffed a long awaited breath out and twisted my foot to get a better look at the splitting gash, dug deep into my foot, trailing along to both ends of my foot "hmm" I thought for a second before sliding of my bag and digging through it to find the first aid kit.

"Aha got you" I raised it to my vision and set it beside me in the littered fall leaves, causing a satisfying crunch. I brought out ace bandages, a needle and thread. Letting out an anxious airy breath, I raised my hand to the piece of glass wedged in tightly and focused on just that.

I've been practicing my powers while I've been on the run, so far I know I have control over fire, water, earth, and air. I concentrated and gathered the air around the chunk of glass to slowly remove it.

A short smile traveled onto my lips when I managed to get it all the way out and raise the filth to eye level, my blood tattered the shard, and I watched as it lightly danced with the breeze of wind I created. Flicking my wrist, the shard flew off somewhere to the side of me in a pile of leaves.

I blew a gust of aggravated air threw my lips, sending my hair fluttering upwards. Taking the treatment ointment and smearing it on the wound with a hiss, I gingerly took hold of the needle in my left hand and the thread in my right.

Finally able to get the thin piece of fabric threw the oval of the needle, I slowly sewed the gashed wound up. Wrapping the gauze around the mid of my foot, to make sure no germs could infect the gash, I stood (with help from the tree beside me).