Part 21- Hospital Visit

[2 weeks after USJ]

Aizawa POV

I was on my to the hospital to visit Black Fox, as well as any other injured students, when I realized how much of a problem the media would be over this. The front doors were swarmed by flashing cameras, tape recorders, and microphones. Each reporter was yelling at the guards, crowding and pushing each other to get their questions answered. I could hear them from thirty feet away.

"What is the cause behind the amount of UA students who have been injured?"

"How many students are injured?"

"How will the student's parents react to this?"

"Is it true that the number one vigilante and new UA student Black Fox is being held in this hospital for treatment of injuries?"

God damn it.

Someone must have leaked to the press about Fox being treated here. I'll find out about that later.

I shoved my way through the crowd, ignoring the questions now pointed at me, and showed my ID to the guards. They allowed me in, much to the annoyance of the press.

I trudged up the stairs after receiving Fox's room number from the front desk. His two friends with the blonde hair were outside, chatting. The moment I was at the top of the stairs, they turned to look at me. The same unnerving senses as Fox. The moment something happens or someone is near, they know.

The girl leaned into Fox's room and said something, and the boy waved at me.

When I entered the room, I had hoped to see Fox sitting calmly in bed, with no hoodie or mask, in the normal hospital gown. To my disappointment, he wore his normal clothes- a black and green hoodie, cold mask, and sweatpants. The tears and bloodstains it had gathered in the battle were gone. He paced the room, though I couldn't tell if it was of discomfort or merely boredom. Like his friends, and as I am starting to become accustomed to, the moment I was in the doorway he was facing me.

"Shouldn't you be resting?"

"I'm fine."

"Didn't you just collapse from blood loss yesterday?"

"I'm fine."

Things continued in this vein- I'd ask him a question regarding his health or wounds, and he'd just reply with "I'm fine," or "Don't worry about me." Frankly, it was quite annoying- he was not fine, he limped when he walked and was taking short, shallow breaths.

Responsible vigilante my ass.

Deku POV

I did not want to talk to Aizawa here. I felt trapped by the pristine white walls, like a wounded animal thrown into a cage and confronted by a predator. My leg ached with every pace, and my side hurt with every breath.

He sat on the guest chair and gestured to the bed. I stayed standing. With a sigh, he began.

"I appreciate your help at the USJ." Really? I didn't help much.

"I'm also not mad at you. But I am disappointed in your inability to follow orders." That's almost worse than being angry.

"I remember telling you specifically to evacuate with the rest of the students, and you blatantly refused." You and others could have gotten hurt.

"Now, because you refused to leave, you're hurt, and your friends told me the other day that you hid injuries that caused you to lose much blood." But now you're alive, and nobody else is seriously injured.