Part 32- Let The Poor Boy Work

Izuku POV

After the festival had finished, heroes and hero agencies had begun to reach out to the young heroes-in-training at UA. The more powerful ones, like Todoroki, Bakugou, and Shinso, had no trouble finding someplace that fit their wants and needs.

I, having not participated in the festival at all, had no expectation that I would be reached out to at all, by anyone.

So, imagine my surprise when I received a letter from an underground hero agency saying they wanted me to intern with them.

At first glance, I thought it was a joke- some kind of prank made up by Mineta and Sero. But on closer inspection and assurance from All Might, it seemed to be real.

The agency in question was one closely affiliated with vigilantes and their work, with their heroes often being confused for vigilantes, and vice versa. They were also one of the biggest supporters of movements to legalize some of the better, more upstanding vigilantes, myself included.

"Aizawa reached out to this agency wondering if they wanted to work with you," All Might explained, "Since they have been one of your supporters in the past."

I paid him barely any attention as I opened the letter. The contents were simple.

Black Fox,

We have been informed that you are in the process of taking classes at UA High to legalize your work. We wish to work with you as an internship and training program to speed up your progress. This program would include sanctioning your work and providing intel on various villains. Please let us know your decision. Whether you accept or not, we promise that not a word of your enrollment at UA will leave our agency.

-The Night Tiger Agency

P.S. Thank you for saving my daughter from villains. -The secretary

I raised an eyebrow. Night Tiger? A very pretentious name, but it definitely fits the brand.

All Might shifted uncomfortably as I reviewed the letter one last time. "Thoughts?"

I shrugged, pocketing the paper. "I'll look into it. Expect a reply to be sent out by the end of the day." I turned to go back to my work.

All Might cleared his throat. "I have had contact with this agency-"

I glared up at him. "Word of mouth means nothing from biased sources. I will look into this agency on my own time."

The hero seemed taken aback. "I-I understand. I bid you luck." He quickly exited the meeting room which Nezu had lent me for my research.

The one who took his place at my side was a more expected visitor.

"Who was it?" Aoi's curious gaze prickled the back of my neck as she took a seat on the couch beside me.

"Night Tiger. Pretentious name, but they promise lots. We'll see."

"Ooh, I've heard of them! They really like you."

"I know. They have a particular...infatuation with vigilantes. I admire their work, but I'm not sure of their goals."

"Oh you, ever the justice-keeper. Can't you take things at face value for once?"

"I will not work with an agency which keeps suspicious or generally detrimental ultimate goals."

"Hmph." She leaned into my shoulder. "Who're you looking into?"

"Various small-timers. Tarya says some suspicious figures have been making more orders recently, so I'm using the information she supplied me with to investigate. Seems like a fair amount of smaller villain groups are going to make moves now while the hero agencies are preparing for interns before they get a move on with actual hero work."