A visit from an old friend

Peter

Today was a lazy day, so lazy in fact that I spent the majority of it half asleep on the couch in the community room. At the odd times, I did fall asleep fully I was rudely disturbed by the nurses checking to make sure I hadn't stopped breathing.

I was quite comfortable with my head in my boyfriend's lap and some random cartoon playing in the background. I'm even embarrassed to say that Wade had to wipe the drawl off my chin a few times.

The background noise was muffled with the odd burst of loudness as I shifted through consciousness, but like all good things, they get broken and smashed into thousands of pieces. 

BING, the sound of the intercom rang through the room, rudely jolting me out of my peaceful slumber.  "Peter Parker to the nurse's office, that's peter parker to the nurse's office."  The voice crackled and popped through the speaker and sounded as bord as a Walmart employer doing a customer announcement five minutes after their shift ended. 

I let out an audible groan as I rubbed my eyes and stretched like a cat, I let out a very loud yawn as I shook the pins and needles out of my legs as I made my way to the nurse's station. 

"ooooh, Peters in trouble," someone said behind me. I gave them the birdy without turning around. 

The nurse's station was a white and blue curved desk decorated with plastic plants which, to be honest, looked dead which if you think about it, is quite fitting for this place. Judy, a ginger with bangs that were framed by a pair of peacock feather-shaped glasses sat typing away with her chipped red painted nails, beside her was Sam who's multi dye coloured hair fell just over their eyes slightly. Sam saw my shadow over their workspace and looked up. They smiled at me you have a visitor." they informed me as they stood up. I frowned, Aunt May wasn't due for another two days. 

"oh... okay?" I replied, they stood up to escort me to the visitor's lounge which was essentially a part of the main entrance that they took visitors to meet with patients. It was decorated with paintings and pictures of people's artwork from art therapy, of course, it was the nicer art, filled with flowers, finger painting, and happy faces, and not.... well it's a psych ward, you know what I'm hinting at. 

when I pushed the door open to the lounge I half freeze. 

Her braided hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail, she wore her normal light brown baseball style t-shirt along with a pair of flared 90s style jeans and white sneakers. she was facing away towards the window that looked out towards the car park, she was rubbing her arm as if it was cold but it was a comfortably warm room. 

"...Shuri?" I asked quietly, almost if my voice would blow her away like a feather. 

She turned. "Peter!" she bearly mouthed. She quickly wiped her eyes trying to hide the fact that she had a pool of liquid in them. 

It was a small step at first, one we both took, but a quicker one followed until we practically ran into each other outstretched arms, enclosing each other into a much-needed desperate hug. I missed her. 

we hugged for what felt like hours, scared that if we let go then the other would disappear. Well. I did for a short while.

"I missed you!" We whispered at the same time and we held each other closer.

Once we pulled apart we seemed to stare at one another.

Until she flicked her eyes down to my shoes. She seemed to pause and step back.

"Quick question...." I close my eyes and smile. "WHAT ARE THOSE?" I let out a laugh and look at my feet. I had the hospital white sandals on with the hospital white socks. Yes. Socks and sandals.

"It gets cold," I shrugged.

"That is no excuse! I'd rather you have your toes out than see you in socks and sandals!" We laugh with each other.

"Come on I'll show you around," I grabbed her and pull her out the door while being trailed by Sam but they respectfully keep their distance.

I took her to the gardens, it was the only place that you can take visitors and as I'm on the cloud program now I'm not allowed to leave, even for patrol.

We talked a lot, we talked about hero life, school life, family, school work, I told her to check a couple of coding lines when she described what was wrong with her brother's suit. We talked about pranks we wanted to pull and who to pull them on, the multiple sci-fi films that have been released along with how plausible typical scenarios of those types of movies are.

We were having a good time until it was interrupted by the clock tower chiming.

Half noon. Lunchtime... Woo...!

A nurse came out and motioned for us to get ready to leave. When we got back to the visiting lounge Wade was waiting by the door.

He had this pouting look on his face as if he was a child and someone took his teddy away from him.

"Wade?" He perked up when he heard my voice. Until he spotted the girl next to me.

His eyes narrowed and he stood in a protective stance. "Whos that?" He demands.

"Down boy", I joked. "Wade meet my friend Shuri, Shuri meet my boyfriend Wade." They seemed to consider each other for a while before Shuri stuck her hand out.

"It's nice to meet you, Wade." Wade seemed to pause. He blinked at the hand before cautiously looking back at me. I gave him a hopeful smile and nodded my head gently.

Slowly he took her hand and shook it. "Yeah... Same, whatever..." He shoved his hand back into the pocket of his sweat pants.

All three of us awkwardly walked back to the main office where I and Shuri hugged again and waves goodbye to each other

Then my possesive boyfriend decided to wrap his hands around my waist and kissed my neck from behind, before burring himself into my neck.

"I don't like good guys. I don't know how to get them like me." He confessed, his voices muffled in my shoulder.

"You got me to like you," I state.

"You don't count I wasn't trying." I let out a small chuckle before turning around and taking him in my arms.

"Come on, let's go get some lunch."

......................................................

Sooooooo... Fun story.
I had a.... Spicey chapter planed, just a bit of heat nothing too much, but the problem is....

I wrote it in advance.
I wrote it while also writing up an assignment for college (can you see where this is going )

I may... Or may not.... Of well... Hehe

Submitted the make out chapter instead of my assignment. ...... 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I was so embarrassed that I deleted it. Like ✨gone ✨ like my self-esteem deleted.

So to make up for that
Here's hopsie and Storm

So to make up for that Here's hopsie and Storm

Thank you for reading ^•^

Much love
R <3