𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

"Nah mate that's not ideal. I've got plans today that aren't a five hour round trip" hearing Jamie on the phone I'm concerned. He sounds annoyed and he definitely wasn't in that mood half an hour ago.

"Do you think everything's okay?" Beau asks me as I continue to make him breakfast. It's funny how quickly I feel like I've settled into a routine with Jamie and his family after being together for three months.

"I'm sure it will be. There you go ham and mushroom omelette as requested" I say putting the plate down in front of Beau "everything okay J?" I ask seeing Jamie walk into the kitchen.

"Not really they need me to go up to Leicester for the game this afternoon. I've tried telling them I've got plans and they just weren't having it" Jamie says obviously frustrated "I'm supposed to be taking Beau to his match then we were supposed to all go out for dinner. I don't want to cancel dinner and Louise can't take Beau because she's away for the week"

"This isn't going to ruin the weekend. Change our dinner reservation and we'll all go for lunch tomorrow instead and if Beau doesn't mind I'll take him to football" I say with a shrug. I feel like it's the least I can do "I can't promise I'm as cool as a Redknapp being there but Beau will still get to train and play his match"

"No Ellie I can't expect you to do that. It's freezing outside" Jamie says and I know he's trying to do what he thinks is best but I'm not letting him win.

"I'll wrap up warm as long as Beau will have me there"

"It's okay dad. Ellie isn't that bad and I suppose she has got a clue when it comes to football" Beau says with a grin and I know he's joking.

"Hey you! Don't be cheeky. Okay I promise I won't let this happen again"

"Stop worrying" I say kissing Jamie quickly "I've got it all under control here"

"Ew that's disgusting" Beau says walking out of the kitchen making me and Jamie laugh.

"You'll change your mind in a few years son!" Jamie shouts after Beau before turning to me "thank you for all of this, football early on a Saturday in December when it's baltic outside, making breakfast and basically just being here. I know Beau really appreciates this and I do as well. I'll make it up to you Ellie"

"I'm listening" I say standing on my tiptoes to wrap my arms around Jamie's neck.

"First of all I'd treat you like a queen all day then I'd treat you to the the best night of your life, so good you won't be able to walk the next day"

"Sounds like the perfect day and night to me. I'll hold you to that" I say kissing Jamie. "I'm going to get ready because I need a Starbucks stop on the way" walking upstairs I quickly shower before pulling on as many layers as I can without looking like the Michelin man.

"You do know Beau won't mind if you just drop him off. You look like you're going to Antarctica" Jamie says with a laugh when he sees my outfit.

"If I'm taking him to football I'm doing it properly. People know I'm your girlfriend I can't turn up and leave him with no one supporting him. Imagine the disgust of the public" I can see the headlines now "anyway we're a team. Supporting you means supporting your kids as well"

"You're a legend Ellie" Jamie says kissing me "I'll see you tonight. I'll get back as quick as I can"

"Don't worry about it. I'll see you tonight" after a quick stop at Starbucks I'm stood in the stands watching Beau training with his team, Chelsea under 12's before their match.

I feel way out of my depth. I don't know anyone who's here but I can also tell they have no intentions of speaking to me either considering they've all made a point of sitting away from me. I'm not letting it bother me, I'm here for Beau and I'm here for Jamie.