Chapter Fourteen ~ Seeing Double

THUD!

          ........

          What the hell was that?!

          You flinched back as the doppelgänger's body collided with the floor, creating a 'thump' like sound. Instead of sounding worried, Jack just growled slightly as he stepped around your house. 

          "I can't believe he's holed up here! How long has he been here?!" He then rounded back to you, pointing at you. "Did you know about him hiding here?" 

          "What? Hiding? No, I-" you fumbled, dumbfounded at the body double on the floor and Jack's apparent frustration at said body double. "This is the first I've ever seen him before!" 

          Jack simply shook his head and turned away, scoffing slightly. This was when a soft meow came from the door, as the both of you spun around to find the same orange and white tabby cat, now sitting in front of the entrance. It sat up, stretched its back slightly, then sauntered past the two of you and to the clone's side. It began pawing gently at his stomach as a groan came from the man. You walked over and shut the front door, however you then tensed as the man began to sit up, a hand against his forehead - Jack just crossed his arm and gave a stern look toward the doppelgänger. 

          "Ow, ugh..." he grumbled, lifting his head to the two of you - he froze once his eyes fell on Jack once more. "Wh- Oh god... this is a nightmare.." The man whimpered. You couldn't help but shift uncomfortably, as that noise seemed unnatural to come out of a man who looked JUST like Handsome Jack. The cat rubbed itself against his leg as he pushed himself up to stand, wobbling slightly.

          "Ohhh it is, Timmy boy," Jack ridiculed, stepping closer to the man, "it's a living nightmare. What the hell are you doing holed up in Sanctuary?!" Jack barked angrily. 

          Timmy... is the doppelgänger's name Tim? As in Timothy? Is that why Jack used that name back with Ellie? That must also be why no one was phased by Jack as you two walked into Sanctuary! His lookalike lives here! 

          "I-I.." Tim stuttered, struggling to get words out. As a hand returned to his aching head, a flash of blueish-green shone in the room as you quickly shut your eyes at the sudden color. You could tell Jack wasn't phased, as an even louder groan then escaped Tim's mouth. 

          "Who needs a hero?" a voice called out, as you slowly unshielded your eyes from the room. There, beside Timothy, were two other Jacks! 

          "Oh god kill me..." Tim groaned, an exhausted and defeated look on his face. 

          "Oh, it would be my pleasure!" Jack replied with snark, closing in on Tim, not even phased by the two digitized clones of himself. 

          "Hey, it's the boss!" One of the digijacks announced, a smirk on his lips. 

          "Yeahhh, long time no see!" The other grinned, resting his arm on Timothy's shoulder. 

          "Are we gonna go kill some bad guys?"

          "Find some loot?" 

          "Hunt down a vault?"

          "It's been so boring here with ol' Timmy!" 

          "AHHH SHUT UP!" Timothy suddenly yelled, gripping the sides of his head tightly. "PLEASE oh god I can't take this right now!" He looked as if his head was going to explode with three Jack's surrounding him and bothering him. The digijacks backed off at the same time, raising their hands up.