[Excerpts] Legacy World 8.1 to 8.10

8.1

"You're awake." Her assailant spoke coolly as if he was expecting her reaction. This ticked Luna off. He seemed to know that his advances were not welcomed, but he still did it anyway. Her grip tightened and his flesh turned white from the lack of blood flow.

"Are you sure you want to do that? Or are you still half asleep?" He asked in the same cool tone.

Luna frowned a little and studied him from head to toe. He was equipped in some kind of black military gear that had a lot of compartments for what seemed to be medical equipment. The Red Cross on his shoulder pad confirmed her suspicion that he was medical personnel. She immediately knew his importance in the setting of this world, so she let him go, but remembered to back away. With the metal table now between them, she felt a lot safer.

"With how frequently you get sent in for treatment, I'd think that you secretly like me doing this." He remarked while rubbing his wrists that now had red handprints around them.

"But why do you always wake up when it's just getting good?" He sighed with disappointment.

Luna stared at him warily without uttering a single word. Should she leave now? Or was the original soul here for something?

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

8.2

"That's going to be our most dangerous mission..."

"I'm not looking forward to it. I don't have much confidence."

"What're you guys so worried about? I may have bad luck but haven't you guys been saving my ass each time?" She lifted an eyebrow slightly and grinned a little. "I have a very reliable team."

They looked at her with slight astonishment, then at each other, then back at her again. Suddenly, they jumped at her.

"I knew you were down in the dumps about something!"

"So glad to see our Leader back!"

"Okay, okay, knock it off." She pushed them back all at once. Knowing her real strength hidden behind her slender build, they were not surprised.

"Talking about Operation Black, I'm planning to withdraw our names. I'm clearly not fit enough for that anyway."

"You got a medical certificate for that?" One of them asked.

"I don't intend to get one. I'll offer us up for a different mission instead."

"But won't the reassignment be more dangerous? As a punishment?" Another one questioned.

Angie nodded. "So, I'll leave it up to you to decide. Who's willing to follow me and risk it?"

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*⳾

8.3

"You're very early." One of them commented.

"Figured that I should do a little more since I'm not working as hard today." She explained half-heartedly in the midst of her dynamic stretches. Her eyes were drawn towards Elias' team who had entered the hall at the same time as her team.

"You should have called us." A complaint grabbed her attention back. Although only one spoke up, he spoke for the team. Everyone pouted like dissatisfied children.

"We'd like to get as strong as you." Brandon continued to complain.

"After all, our strength is equal to the weakest link in the chain, isn't it?" Hamilton reasoned with her.

Wilbur nodded eagerly. "I'd need the extra time as much as you do."

They chimed up one after another to back each other up. Meanwhile, they were already got started on their stretches.