Pleasing The Eldritch

Art by Mika Pikazo

Ninomae Ina'nis x Reader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rainy clouds continued to loom over the whole city, showering the entire streets with each and every droplet. Colorful umbrellas started sprouting everywhere, acting like a dancing rainbow in the rain.

But this story will be focused more on something else, something duller and more mundane. Our story will start with a small apartment window.

Tiny beads of water sprinkled that window, dousing it completely as the rain went by. Amongst the many apartment windows that the building had, this one was special.

Why? Because what the world didn't know was that there was someone behind that glass. Not just someone, but an eldritch being who's more than capable of destroying the entire planet with ease.

——— Inside the Apartment ———

Said eldritch being was now humming pleasantly while she was drawing on her tablet. Her simple but elegant tune disrupted the still silence.

Taking a little break from drawing, she looked out her window — her head gently bopping while she's humming.

She was now admiring the rhythmic pattern of the rain sprinkling the clear glass. Her eyes were focused on each individual droplet splattering against the clear glass.

For others, the rain was a bother to them; a disturbance to their plans. For Ina, being the introvert she was, Ina loved the rain for more than one reason.

One reason was that it certainly helped with clearing her mind. Aside from drawing, listening to the rain gently tapping on her window became a habit of hers.

It was like a soothing remedy that eased her head, especially when the Ancient Ones decided to distract her from time to time.

Deciding she had enough rest, her eyes darted right back to her screen, burning with determination.

Her hands were moving like they have their own minds. Each and every stroke was made with elegance and precision. It was like making even the tiniest bit of mistake was completely unacceptable to her.

She glanced at her work, examining every line and every stroke, to see if there was a mistake she needed to correct. Fortunately, there was none, in which it made her mind fully at peace.

She observed her sketch once again, only this time it was to personally enjoy it. After all, it was you who she was drawing.

A relaxed expression was on your face as you were peacefully sleeping in your bed. The moment she saw you sleeping like that, she made a mental picture in her head and vowed to recreate it in her drawings.

A soft giggle escaped her lips as her eyes adored your sleeping posture. Your feisty bed hair grazing against your pillow, your tiny drool trying to run away from your mouth.

She remembered your face turning red when you woke up like that, and how you clumsily try to fix your hair and wiped your mouth. Ina adored that sight of you and she made sure to emphasize that in her drawing.

None of them knew this but Ina would always go the extra mile when she was drawing her fellow gen mates. How she could spend her entire day perfecting thumbnails and artworks whenever she was finished collaborating with her friends.

But when it came to you, her mind and hands were like on auto-pilot. Even the Ancients Ones were smart enough to keep quiet whenever she was drawing you secretly or openly.