Runs cutely

_________________________________________________________

Melanie's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about last night. The woman was no longer there when I made it back home.

I have to go to school today, or mother won't let me leave the house unsupervised anymore. I'm tired of my teachers. I know that girl goes to hexside too, I hope I don't see her. It's kinda humiliating.

I turned on my phone, listening to music as I got ready and left the house. It was cold, and I forgot my jacket. I didn't want to go back inside, so I kept going. Gosh it was so cold. A short sleeve shirt was not a smart option. Whatever, I probably left a jacket in one of my classes or something.

I was painfully tired, and yawned at least 20 times on the walk to school. I made it in, and everyone was chatting to their friends. I stayed away from communicating and went to class early, while my friends tried to catch up behind me.

_________________________________________________________

Ley's POV:

I had slept in, and my alarm didn't wake me up the first time.

The alarm screamed louder, and I jumped as I looked at the time and panicked as I shot up and began getting ready. I was going to be late for school again.

My stomach was still in pain, so I had to switch out the bandage. It was covered in blood and I gagged as I threw it away and grabbed another bandage.

I finished bandaging myself, and went to go brush my teeth and hair. I was hungry, but I didn't have time to grab breakfast. I turned off the light and locked the door as I began running. I felt a little better than yesterday, but was still in a lot of pain. I wore a black shirt and jacket with my fedora, per usual.

It was freezing, and I ran faster, already 40 minutes late.

Once I had made it to hexside, everyone was already in class. I dashed to my first hour classroom and breathed heavily as I stopped in the doorway.

" Sorry I'm late, my alarm didn't wake me up. " I took a deep breath.

" No worries, we were just getting started. Have a seat miss Ley. " The teacher said, smiling.

I sat at my desk, waiting for the teacher to speak. The other students stared at me. I leaned back in my chair, exhausted. I haven't run like that in forever.

_________________________________________________________

Fast forwarding

Ley's POV:

Lunch was next, and I sat patiently waiting for class to end. I used my jacket as a blanket, considering how cold it was. I tapped my pencil lightly on my desk, my head lied down.

The bell screamed, and I waved goodbye to the teacher as I left the classroom. I tried my best to hide the bandage, but I was starting to bleed a bit again. It was slowly starting to seep through. I tried not to panic, and slightly lifted my sweater off of my stomach so it didn't seep.

I made it to the cafeteria, and grabbed a salad as I went to sit down at an empty table. I dug in immediately, as I was extremely hungry.

I finished my salad, and began scanning the cafeteria. I wanted to speak to Melanie. I didn't even know if she went to hexside or not, but I swear i've seen her here before. I saw someone with silky black hair similar to Melanies, but couldn't tell if it was her. I gave up on looking, feeling hopeless. I left the cafeteria, walking back to my next hour classroom.