Remarking The Past

_________________________________________________________

Ley's POV: 

Today I (shockingly) woke up on time. I got ready, and had enough time to grab breakfast. 

I went outside. Before I left, I picked up the newspaper from off of the ground. I walked back in, about to throw it away before glimpsing at the words ' New member of emperors coven '

I stopped, curious. I opened the newspaper, ignoring the text and looking at the picture. The face was familiar. I brainstormed, and it hit me.

It's her. Her tall and lanky body, paper white hands, it just clicked. I became panicked, but put the newspaper away. I left.

I made it to hexside, noticing a crowd of people. There was one particular person they were gathered around. I noticed them holding a block of palistrom wood. Curious, I walked up. 

They were giving it out, though obviously one wasn't enough for everyone. 

" Since we only have one block, you students will play in a grudgby match. No teams! We'll select a few players. Whoever has the most goals after 10 minutes wins. Winner gets the palistrom wood! " 

I thought about it for a moment. I could have my own palisman, I would probably give it a dorky name. That's a fun thought. But i've never even played a game of grudgby, maybe I could get a little help.

_________________________________________________________

Melanie's POV: 

When I woke up, I got ready for school and left. I was nervous, and didn't want to show up. I almost forgot the essay but went back and got it.

What a mess. I walked in, seeing a large group of people, including Ley...I was about to run off to class so she wouldn't see me. I really can't stand awkwardness. But before I could, I happened to overhear the words 'Grudgby' . I listened in, and once the person was finished talking and everyone left, I signed up. I mean yeah I have a staff, but I'm doing it for the sport. I love a good competition every now and then. But of course, Ley had signed up. 

I hear walking behind me as I am about to leave, and see Ley. My breathing slows a little, and I could physically feel my face becoming red. The situation immediately became awkward. 

" What are you doing here? " I tried not to sound angry.

Ley looked at me. " You play grudgby? I was hoping maybe I could get some tips.. "

I sighed. 

" Listen, the only reason we talked yesterday was to study. That was a one time thing. "

 I shrugged, walking off. It took me a second to realize how bitchy that was.

I walked on, books in hand. Ley followed me, seeming pushy.

" Don't you already have a staff? Why would you need to compete? " She pestered me.

Still looking straight ahead, I huffed.

" I'm doing it for the sport. " 

Ley looked like she had tears in her eyes. Sensitive, but understandable. Now I felt even worse and I wanted to stop her and apologize but I genuinely couldn't.

" Turn the essay in. If you don't wanna talk, fine. " She had a slight shake in her voice.

I walked to class.

_________________________________________________________

Ley's POV:

Wow. Just wow. Right after I got rid of my social anxiety, I can already feel it coming back. 

I skipped class, sitting underneath the bleachers. I pulled out my sketch book, and just drew whatever, writing a diary entry underneath.

I opened my phone, noticing Melanie had unfollowed me. I frowned, turning a few pages. I began sketching a picture of Melanie.

_________________________________________________________

Melanie's POV:

I feel really bad. My friends won't stop bothering me, so I just ignore them. I'd rather not practice grudgby with them, but I don't really have a choice since they always find a way back to me. I'm the only one in my grade with a staff, it's no surprise so many people signed up.

I turned in the essay, and sat down. 

Once class ended my friends made me practice with them. We went to the field, and began practicing. They are so difficult to work with, and almost the whole time they were arguing about who gets the wood if I win.

_________________________________________________________

Ley's POV:

I leaned back, finishing my drawing. I noticed Melanie and her friends walking out to the field. I got out from under the bleachers, sitting down on them instead. I set my book down, as Melanie looked over at me. She looked confused on how I got there, which caused me to laugh a little. 

She looked away. I got up to grab a brush from my locker, but forgot my diary/book? I don't know that I would call it a diary just yet. 

_________________________________________________________

Melanie's POV:

Ley was on the bleachers, and I watched her leave. Where did she come from? I noticed she left something on the bleachers. I stepped out, going to go see. I was curious.

I looked at the book, seeing Ley's name written on it. She had a note on it, reading 'please do not touch :)'. I felt bad, opening it anyway. I flipped through some of the pages, sitting down. These drawings were actually pretty good. I stopped, realizing there was a diary entry. I frowned, and began reading.

'I had a semi-good day, other than the stomach pain. It still keeps bleeding, I'll just go to the healing coven tomorrow. I honestly thought I made a friend. I was really kind of excited since I don't have friends anymore. But why do I care anyways lol, why would some popular pretty girl start being friends with me. Maybe I was too awkward. It was probably showing too.' 

I stopped reading for a second. Nobody's ever called me pretty?? I felt even more bad, but continued reading.

'Kinda tired of living alone, I mean I get to do my own shit yeah but is it honestly worth it? I don't even have parents. I'm genuinely tired of being alone.' 

The entry ended, and I looked down. I flipped to a few blank pages, but the next one wasn't blank. Is that me?

The drawing was me in the outfit I wore yesterday next to it, with a small sad face sketched next to it. My face flushed red, and I slammed the book shut, putting it back. I noticed Ley coming back. She approached me.

She seemed confused, and picked up her book as she sat down. " Oh- Hi. "

I looked at her, pursing my lips.

" I'm sorry. I haven't been myself lately. " The wind started blowing.

She fidgeted with her hands. " It's okay I suppose. "

I felt a little better, and pulled out my phone. I refollowed her on penstagram. " If I'm picked for the game and win, I'm giving you the wood. At least try if you get selected though. " 

She seemed shocked, as I walked off. 

_________________________________________________________

Ley's POV:

That wasn't the Melanie I knew. But I have trust issues so I guess I wouldn't know. I silently celebrated, but tried not to get my hopes up. I had so much adrenaline now. Words were just shooting through my head left and right, I was so happy.

I waited for school to end, and visited the library. I checked out a book about grudgby, so I could learn how to play.

I remembered the woman, and thought. What if she's still out to get me? I guess it doesn't really matter now. I spent all night learning about grudgby. Hopefully I can pull it off without magic.

_________________________________________________________