𝟎𝟐𝟑. saving stilinski

ANCHOR

____________

AS MALIA MAKES her way through the school and towards the voices that echo in the halls, her anxiety begins to eat at her. She hasn't spoken with most of her friends in a while (with the exception of Allison), and none of them have reached out to her either. A rift has been driven between the group, and now everyone seems to be taking time apart from one another.

Scott had called Malia almost an hour before, asking for her help in finding the Chimera who caused Stilinski to end up in the hospital with severe injuries. She recalls her encounter with the boy from a few weeks ago, and how bloodthirsty he seemed to be.

So now, Malia rounds the corner to find Scott standing in front of a locker with Stiles and Isaac, the Alpha holding a piece of clothing in his hands. When he spots the werecoyote approaching them, Scott tosses the jacket to her. "Now we can catch his scent."

"You called her?" Stiles asks in a disapproving tone as Malia takes the jacket into her arms with ease. Her brows furrow at his words.

"We need all the help we can get," Scott reminds him. "I should be calling everyone."

"And I know what this kid looks like," Malia informs them. Stiles exhales through his nose, and Isaac simply nods as the muscles in his jaw twitch slightly.

"Hey," the dirty blond practically whispers. Malia inclines her chin in acknowledgment of his greeting, but an uncomfortable silence follows.

Scott clears his throat, trying to break the apparent tension between the three friends. "We should get going."

Stiles agrees without hesitation, and they all begin to walk down the stairs to the exit of the high school. Malia trails further behind, still clutching onto the fabric in her fingers.

____________

Malia jogs down the steps to the abandoned warehouse, the flats of her boots kicking up dust from the gravel as she reaches the ground. Scott follows Malia while Isaac and Stiles split into separate directions to search.

"They didn't want you to call me, did they?" she questions, glancing over her shoulder at the two boys.

Scott briefly does the same, breathing out. "No, Stiles didn't," he says honestly. "What happened, anyway?"

"We're not talking, I guess." Malia shrugs nonchalantly, continuing to scan over the building. "Stiles didn't want to talk, and Isaac... I'm not really sure."

"Yeah, we aren't really talking either..." Scott says as Malia begins to take long strides forward. He hurries to catch up with her. "You can tell me what's happening with you. I mean, besides them, you can talk to me."

The girl stops in her tracks to reply. "I said I'd help find this kid, and I am doing it to save Stiles's dad. Don't ask me to talk."

"Well, I'm not asking. I—I'm offering," Scott tells her. "I'm just... saying it's okay if you want to."

A slight gust of wind brushes past them, and a certain stench drags Malia's attention away from their conversation. Her gaze finds itself fixated on the entrance to the sewers, and she steps towards it while waving a dismissive hand at Scott. "I know."