01 | Accused

Everyone was looking at you

Everyone was looking at you. Disgusted. Enrage. Disbelief. Shock.

With clenched fists and mouth open in shock, YOU stood there wide-eyed at the sudden accusation from the head of the clan himself.

Before you were about to protest, you heard one of them scream in horror.

"M-Murderer!"

Your breath hitched, burying your nails into your skin to the point it was slightly making a bruise. Hanging your head low ashamed, and avoiding eye contact with everyone who is now calling loathsome names at you.

The head of the clan, ENMEI ENDO cleared his throat loudly, signaling the crowd to silence their shouts. He looks down at you, glare hardening.

"What do you have to say for yourself, killer?" He emphasizes the killer, making sure to remind you what you really are.

"...With all due respect, your honor, but I do not understand and am confused about your bold accusation, would you mind explaining?" You spoke with obvious displeasure, scowling back.

"The other day, two of our members have gone missing, and you were the one who's with them, correct?" You slowly nodded your head as he continued "You were the only one who's present around the area so it must be you who is responsible for their disappearance."

"that's...T-THAT'S A BULLSHIT REASON--" Your protest got cut off by the guards pulling you away by each of your arms. You trash around their hold as they struggled to keep you down "OI! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!!"

Enmei sighed and shake his head disapprovingly, and then announces. "Ehem, Y/n Endo is hereby banned from the Endo clan. One step from our territory, and you will be sent to jail, possibly a death sentence" He exclaims, "Leave."

The people around the trial gasped in shock, including you.

You gritted your teeth, bowing your head towards the ground. A tsk escaped your lips. Truth be told, You weren't even aware that they're gone.

How stupid.

"Fine then." You spat with lacing venom, finally looking up to look Enmei in the eye "But, don't even think of blaming OR contacting me when another murder case happened, old man."

God after so many years, you have always wanted to call the clan leader like that.

Hush whispers erupted in the large room as Enmei looked offended.

Huffing, You harshly take away your arms from the guards and turn around, walking towards the exit of your own free will.

"I'll be taking my leave now."

Multiple eyes burned holes in your back. you just left without looking back. not even sparing a glance with your mother who has tears on her eyes and covering her mouth in disbelief.