02 | Mount Natagumo

"Mount Natagumo

"Mount Natagumo... huh." You stared at the oddly eerily mountain in the most expressionless way.

Gripping your polearm, You began walking towards the mountain.

Sure, it was scary but, you're THE Y/n Endo. Managed to defeat demons without using anything fancy breathing styles. Has a unique fighting style. Trained professionally under by THE Toji Fushiguro.

Back at your point of view, your way up to the mountain also made you a witness for all dead and unconscious bodies around an area.

It seems like other mizunotos are sent here too. You thought, frowning.

You went deeper into the forest to find more clues. If you squint, Web threads are almost all over the place. Branches. Leaves. On the ground. You cringed when you saw little white spiders crawling.

Out of instinct, You side-stepped to dodge a slice attack. From the corner of your eyes, A male demon slayer who's from a higher rank is attacking you.

"What...the hell are you doing?" With no mercy, You sent a swift and powerful kick to his side that was enough to hit a nearby tree and slightly the wood. You were sure that a kick can make anyone unconscious as the man went limp on his knees.

But not even 10 seconds, The man stands up in the most abnormal way, as if like a puppet

"No one...will get in the way of our family." A child-like yet intimidating voice from above said it sent shivers down your spine.

Clicking your tongue, You jumped once again to dodge an attack. Shit, I can't attack him like this.

You think back a while ago. a man standing up like a puppet...It must be one of those demons' dirty tricks. Smirking, You swiftly cut at the so-called strings above his head.

"Got ya." You instantly caught the unconscious demon slayer into your arms. Little white spiders fell from the tall tree and started crawling away. "Disgusting..." You murmured.

Meanwhile from above, the demon spider watches nonchalantly as you run away with the demon slayer in your arms, carrying him bridal style. His eyes study your form, head to toe. within one of the eyes is written "LOWER MOON 5".

"Absurd." The demon spider muttered to himself, eyes forming into a hard glare right through your soul, unbeknownst to you.

←❆→

"Jeez, these guys or your so-called companions are higher rankings?!" You huffed angrily, crossing your arms against your chest. Looking down at the now conscious demon slayer, whose name is Atūya.

Atūya gulped silently. He didn't these types of women existed, especially headstrong. "W-Well...Yeah." He managed to stutter out.

"Tsk. If they want to kill the demon lord," You huffed again, venom lacing in your words "They should have to keep their guard up and NOT fuck around!"

I sound like Toji. You thought.

"U-Uh..." Honestly, Atūya didn't know or how to respond. He's heavily injured, the side of his hips hurts the most as if he got kicked - which he did but he doesn't know it yet.

Looking at him once again, You sneered "Stay here. Wait till one of the kakushis finds you."

"Wait!"

"Hm?" You hummed. He looks down at his palms, observing the calloused scars as an attempt to avoid eye contact. a bright red color dusted his cheeks.

"Thank you...."

You let a small smirk etch your lips, "Don't mention it. Take care." And left.

Staring at your back, Atūya's jaw slightly comes slack as the redness on his cheeks only worsens.

←❆→

You jumped tree to tree, searching for the demon who was controlling the unconscious slayers. Was it the demon who was above you a few moments ago? No. It can't be. He wasn't gesturing his arms around to control the slayers.

Halting your search for a moment to take a rest, You didn't notice --until now, that there are corpses everywhere. All of them have multiple strings attached all over their body parts and a...twisted head?

You find yourself wanna gag at the disturbing sight.

Closing your eyes to clear your mind and taking a deep breath, You went back to your neutral expression, which is a reserved yet deadpan face.

Looking around, You finally found the demon who is controlling everything like their puppets. She was sitting on a tock, strings attached at the tip of her fingertips, She looks rather anxious and jittery.

"Ah. So you're the one behind all the human puppets." You spoke out, and she flinched at the unfamiliar and intimidating presence.

Ho-How did she find me? She thinks, frustratingly gritting her teeth.

Fear laced her eyes and her face soon turned into panic as she saw you drawing out your weapon and walking towards her menacingly.

It's over! I'm done for! She's after my head!! Quick, think of something!...But...

However, Realization hits her. She raises both her arms, as if she's welcoming you and death. Her once panic look, turned into calm face with closed eyes. The strings from her fingers freely disattached, a sign of lowering her guard.

If I die, I'll be free...I can untie myself form all this.

Meanwhile, You furrowed your eyebrows What are you on about?... You're full of openings. You referred to the demon.

Despite her sad and pitiful form, You had to get the job done. It is what it is. Free the demon from her sins and this cruel world.

Slice!