six

"If I'm too good for him, then how come I'm not with him?" Harry whined.

"Because Con- he is an asshole." Florence sighed. "If you told me sooner, we could've prevented this. He's done this before."

"Why wouldn't Rose tell me?"

"Because Rose leaves the house twice a week and her room once a day. She's oblivious."

"I hate myself." Harry groaned, burying his head deep into the pillow.

"Listen, I may not have known that it was him that was making you happier, but I did notice your increase in mood which is always comforting."

Harry stayed silent and hoped that his liver would fully shut down on the spot.

"Hey," Florence laid a hand on his forearm. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah, I know." Harry turned his head and stared at her through glassy eyes. "Love you too." He pulled his arm out of her grip and held her hand instead.

Florence smiled quickly before turning serious again. "I must inform you though that I will have to place you on suicide watch." She smiled pitifully.

"Oh you're fucking joking, right?" Harry sat up hastily. "I'm not going to kill myself over some dickhead who I wasn't even dating!"

"Hey," Florence held her hands up in surrender. "Not my idea, of course, if you want to shout, you can shout at Rose."

Harry just growled in frustration and whacked his head against the wall.

"Hey! Enough of that!" Florence frowned and yanked Harry forward, cupping his face. "Louis is gonna stay with you-"

"Yeah no, I don't want to see him."

"Why not?"

"I don't need a reason, I just don't."

"Oh don't be a sook. Louis is your best friend and he's just trying to look out for you-"

"Did you tell him?" Harry asked with a stern face. "That he and I were fucking?" He winced.

"What? No. I would never tell him without consulting you first. Do you think so little of me?"

"No, I just-" Harry pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply. "I just don't want him to know. Ever."

"Done." Florence smiled. "Sorry for snapping."

"No, I'm sorry. You're only trying to help and I appreciate it, I do, it's too soon though." Harry offered a small smile.

"Right, well, you better go on h- back to your house and I'll call you later alright?"

"Sure."

(ew what the fuck did i just write- that was so bipolar of me, i can't- _ )

***

The next week, instead of pursuing his usual schedule, Harry stayed in bed all day every day. He didn't take the time to go out and buy and/or use any hard drugs or strong alcoholic drinks, - aside from the sleeping pills he would take if he couldn't fall asleep from sleeping too much - he just stayed in his room eating chocolate Digestives and drinking Pepsi and binge-watching Marvel movies. But the thing is, he didn't miss any of his friends, he genuinely enjoyed the silence and solitude he got from staying in bed for a week.

It was a Sunday when there was a knock on his door.

Harry didn't call out to them and ask who it was, he just rolled over and laid on his stomach.