ten

The day after Andrew had shown up and surprised Harry, he took him to meet Florence who was  surprisingly not impressed.

She pulled him aside, leaving Andrew with Niall. "What about Louis?" She hissed.

"What about Louis? He doesn't even like me like that."

"Well, showing up with your ex-boyfriend or ex-husband or whatever is going to be really awkward considering he doesn't even know you're gay."

"I don't want them to meet. Besides, Andrew is only here for a few days before he's leaving."

"Are you gonna leave with him though?" Florence crossed her arms, clearly mad for some reason.

"No way. I'm staying here where it's quiet." He looked over to Andrew who was sitting next to Niall, not even paying attention to Harry.

"Harry, you told me yourself that you two were toxic together." Florence now looked concerned.

"Oh calm down, I was sixteen when I last saw him which was nearly three years ago. I just want to spend some time with him before I probably never see him again."

"Don't tell me to calm down." The volume of her voice went up a bit.

"But you need to."

"No, I do not. You need to get over this silly little infatuation and get over him. Stop romanticising this."

"I am over him. But you know, old feelings bubbling up now. I didn't invite him here."

Florence hesitated. "Is he the one who beat you up?"

"What? No! He would never! Apparently it was Ray."

"I'm gonna kill that bastard right after I kill Andrew."

"That's lovely, darling, it really is. But I'm gonna leave you and go have some mind-blowing sex for the next few days, and I'll see you again when he leaves." Harry winked at her and walked over to Andrew.

He grabbed his hand and said goodbye to Niall before leaving the house and following Andrew back to his hotel.

(ok and that's a wrap on andrew, bye bff)

***

After a hazy few days in Andrew's hotel room, Harry made his way back to his own house and slept in his cold bed, feeling content and bittersweet that he now had closure on their relationship and that it was finally over.

He spent the next few days alone, writing songs and reading his poetry books, leaving his room every now and again to make himself a sandwich or talk to his mum. Gemma wasn't there half the time because apparently, she was going out with some guy and wouldn't tell Harry who.

Louis had come by a few days after Harry got back, staring at the healing bruises on his face for a few minutes, before walking away and watching something on the tv.

"So, uh, Ni, when are they doing the time capsule thing?" Louis asked. "I wanna come and see."

Niall looked at Harry and then Louis and laughed loudly. "Y-You, you, you want to come to something that involves school? That involves this place?"

"Yeah? I dunno." Louis shrugged and handed Niall his meal. "It'll give me something to do."

Niall laughed again. "All you do is paint, drink, and hang out with Harry."